Any former athletes?

Options
I played lacrosse through college and have really struggled in the 4 years since graduating with adapting to a daily workout routine. Any other former athletes (club, DI-DIII, high school athletes, you name it!) looking for some extra motivation?

I'd love to support others (and let's be honest... be supported) as I work on becoming healthier and getting excited about working out beyond my athletic career. Plus athletes know how to eat!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• hadrianplott
    hadrianplott Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I play college soccer and recently had a baby. trying to get back in shape to play again! Adding you.
  • skeeds
    skeeds Posts: 33
    Options
    Whoo hoo!
  • Blackhat98
    Blackhat98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I played college football. I was a defensive lineman. From 07-the beginning of this year I still ate like a d-lineman. I always worked out but my eating was horrible. MFP has helped out with being focused on what I eat and how much!
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Former Division III baseball player here. The structure of practice helped me get and stay in great shape. Now that it is gone, it's definitely harder to stay in shape. Let's do this!
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    I played lacrosee, football, baseball, and basketball in high school an hockey in college. Hate being so far out of shape that I am not there anymore. I play hockey now and coach little league hockey as well, so at least I have that going for me, but can't wait to work and get my stamina back. Always looking for new peeps for my journey and to talk a little sports :)
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Muay thai & gymnastics here ! Taking a break for about a year to put on size , perhaps 170lbs of lean muscle and then return to my sports to cut down the fat and maintain what i continue to work hard for :D
  • Sondicalondi
    Sondicalondi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey there, former all American gymnast and college stunting cheerleader. I am much older than you, but am trying to get back to that before baby, athletic body I know I still have in there somewhere!! Friends welcome!!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    BMX racing, wrestling, soccer, karate, running (marathons, 10k, 5k, college CC), mountain bike racing, cycling. That about covers it from age 13 to today. Currently race cross country mountain bikes and road ride for endurance. Stop running after knee surgery.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    High school Varsity cross-country running, soccer, and cross-country skiing. In college I played club rugby, sustained a few major injuries, and started my train to "fluffytown."

I've always been reasonably athletic, but now I'd like to lose the extra pounds and become a somewhat competitive runner again. Training for a half marathon in November and hope to do some of the more difficult obstacle/mud races in the future!
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ex football player, gained a beer gut since then! Feel free to add!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I played college football. I was a defensive lineman. From 07-the beginning of this year I still ate like a d-lineman. I always worked out but my eating was horrible. MFP has helped out with being focused on what I eat and how much!

You and me both. I stopped working out like an o-lineman, but I kept eating like one for years. MFP has definitely helped me actually eat healthy for the first time.
  • Owligator
    Owligator Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I played softball, cross country and soccer in high school and then college softball as well. It's hard to get used to not being structured every day and having a practice (workout) laid out for you. I've put on A LOT of weight since college ball but I'm trying to get back in shape! We can do it!
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I competed in power lifting and swimming in high school. I was still a little heavy then, but I had much better physical health! I For some reason I tried to pretend I still kept that fitness level despite gaining an additional 20 pounds in college. I haven't been 140 since high school, so I'm really looking forward to getting there again! :D

Keep it up!
  • skeeds
    skeeds Posts: 33
    Options
    Whoo hoo glad to see there are others going through the same transition as me. And to those of you who are STILL athletes - rock on! Teach me your ways.