Anyone starting C25k??

Options
I've done it in the past, but only made it to week 5 until I gave up, but I'm going to restart today and was wondering if anyone wanted to be my friend so we can share progress! :))

Replies

• conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I just finished it last week. You can do it! Weeks 4 and 5 were the hardest. Repeat weeks if you have to but don't give up. It feels so good to get to week 8 and run that 5K!
  • Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I started on Sunday so tonight I'll be doing my second workout for Week One.

I'll add you :)
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I use the "Zombies, Run!" to 5K app instead of just c25k. I find it more entertaining and motivating. A corny little story seems to motivate me to keep my routine up.
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it again today :) Feel free to add me!
  • kathydbd13
    Options
    I'm struggling on week 4, just finally finished a week 4 run this morning and actually did it without walking part of the time I was supposed to be running.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    This is a great support group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

I finished C25K last week and started 5 to 10k.

If I can do it anyone can!
  • sperocras
    sperocras Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday, and am planning on doing Week 1 Day 2 tomorrow.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I didn't just start, I'm on week 7. I'm doing it with a local running company and will be rolling right into the 10K program next. Send me a request if you want!
  • susanstuart18
    Options
    Just finished Day One!!
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I'm currently on week 5 Day 1 (been stuck here for awhile) but quitting isn't an option for me lol. I'd be happy to be your friend.
  • downeyek
    downeyek Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really love Zombies, RUN. It's way more interesting that C25K and I think it starts off waaaaay more do-able. I'm in week 3, but I tend to take longer breaks in between the runs than I should. (It's New Orleans, it's hot!) I'm also not too fond of doing any kind of run training program on a treadmill (it's annoying to have to change the speeds on the belt so often, I'd rather self-propel!)

Anywho, feel free to add me (or anyone else who'd like to!!) Good luck!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yup! I'll be doing Week 5 day 3 tonight, which is the first 20 minute run!

Considering I couldn't even run for the ice cream van before, it is really rewarding to be able to run for any length of time, never mind 20 minutes. My problem is remembering to warm up before and stretch after, which is really important.
  • mdedmonson
    mdedmonson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have been contemplating starting C25K for several weeks now. Have been on tread mill, but due to humidity haven't really started running yet. Would like to try to run a mini marathon next year so hope to start here soon.
  • MeaganElizabeth007
    Options
    Hey, I just started week one on Sunday! I'm determined to get back into shape and planning to run in a 5k race in September.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! Added :)
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 today, but really want some friends too! Feel free to add me!
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I completed it and absolutely loved it! I now run every night because I actually enjoy it for once. Great, great program! Good luck!
  • crazeedeysi
    crazeedeysi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 2 Day 2 last night!
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get started on that soon here myself. I did it last year and it worked fantastically but then the holidays hit and I lost my running motivation. I've been biking the past few months consistently but the end of summer/fall 5Ks are coming soon and I want a jump on that myself.
  • RayChalloner
    Options
    Just done week two run two, I like the fact I can listen to music and have the coach say when to run/ walk. It's working for me, it's fun, and weeks four and five are just round the corner!!!!!