Who funds this site?

Options
2»

Replies

• ImCeltic
    ImCeltic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great idea only if Mike wants to get some type of order fulfillment process going for products.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I have NO ads on my pages???? Is it because I live in Canada? Weird!

No, I bet you are running a browser like Mozilla Firefox with an ad blocker.....I don't get any ads either!

:laugh: I have no ads either! Though sometimes it will say "Jillian Michael" at the top of the page???:tongue:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    There is Mike and one other guy. I am assuming from the advertisements on here that whoever has them approved to be on here pays Mike for the advertisement.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

This is MIke
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mike

And, his partner's name is Al. Although, I've never "met" Al, Mike does refer to him in his blog as his partner, ie "Mike & Al".

And, I'm with the others on assuming that ads pay for the site. And, I think that the Tshirt, water bottle, "store" idea is Killer!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I think it's google Adsense based on the page source. But I have no idea how much it pays or whether it's click through payment or a percent of purchase generated from traffic redirected from the site. Your guess is as good as mine on that one. You can, actually make quite a pretty penny with it from what I hear. You have to have a lot of traffic on your site though to make low percentage advertising work for you.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about something earlier If Mike were to sell MFP T-shirts to us he'd make a killing! I would love to have one someday, with my total amount lost.... something like I LOST 70 Pounds With myfitnesspal.com! Or I :heart: MFP
    AND The fact we would keep needing new smaller sizes would double and triple the income!! :tongue:

Or something like MFP Made Me A Medium! lol
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yay for MFP and Google adsense!!
  • vishaltayal
    vishaltayal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.freewebsitereport.org/www.myfitnesspal.com
    The above link mentions around USD 2,666 from daily ad revenue which must be good enough IMHO to run the site.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Non e it s free