Jimmy Johns vs Taco Johns

Options
going out to dinner tonight, which would be better for me? what should i order?

Jimmy Johns or Taco Johns.

Replies

• awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Johns. Always.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Taco Johns but I've looked at the nutrition for Jimmy Johns, and while I love them, their sandwiches (even the smaller ones) are still high in calorie (at least to me). But they do make an "unwich" meaning with no bun so i'd try that. You'd at least save on the bread.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Never trust a John. Not even the Papa variety.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there are any Jimmy Johns near me, but that would be my vote... I love their commercials.
  • mindydaile
    mindydaile Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you stick with the "unwich" option (lettuce wrap instead of bread) at Jimmy John's there are several reasonable options. Careful on the chips though - the small bags are two servings, not one, so watch out on the calorie counts!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    For me, I'd have to go with Taco Johns just because I can't eat bread. But back when I could....JJ's was always my #1 choice!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Freaky fast freaky good!! Even though their bread is the reason I go, give the unwich a shot. That's on my to-do list this month.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Johns, JJBLT - mayo + avocado. Plus a giant pickle.

But Taco Johns is yummier. A couple taco bravos add sour cream and olives and a potato ole with nacho cheese is a favorite, but it is a LOT of calories.
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    from experience Jimmy Johns is better. I didnt see anything semi healthy at Taco Johns when I was in Minnesota.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    jersey mikes, but if you only have those jimmy johns i say
  • slowe419
    slowe419 Posts: 1
    Options
    Jimmy Johns but no mayo..:smile:
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    JJ unwich for sure. Check their website out for nutritional values. You add and remove things to your liking and see the nutritional values as you change things....
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's Unwich. Best, period.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The Unwich at Jimmy John's.. nom nom nom nom nom
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Either. JJ - get an unwich with a pickle. Taco Johns...chicken taco or regular crispy taco (order no cheese on either) and use some salsa.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    JJ unwich for sure. Check their website out for nutritional values. You add and remove things to your liking and see the nutritional values as you change things....

I agree.
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a Taco John's when I was in college (oh, man do I miss the Potato Oles!) and I would have to recommend Jimmy Johns if you're going for healthy. Both are quite yummy (I much prefer TJ over Taco Bell) but from a calorie-count and sodium standpoint, JJ will likely be your best bet.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Taco John's is disgusting and repulsive.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This easy I love me some Jimmy Johns!!!!!! I truly don't care about the calories when I go because I don't go out anywhere very often. So when I do I want to enjoy it and so for me there is no choice. You can get healthier options there and they taste amazing!!!!!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oh god I miss Taco John's since I moved out west....

That said, Jimmy John's fits easily into my diet almost once a week, I just skip the mayo and do Dijon instead. I usually go for roast beast but that's just me...