5'4 200+ lbs...anyone out there??

Options

Replies

• CeCeHarris
    CeCeHarris Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'3' 240lbs

I have been this way for a few years now. I never really tried or even wanted to lose weight because my weight is in "all the right places" is what I've heard. But last year I decided to take things seriously because I was 271 when I moved here (last year). I'm back down under 250 but I'm stuck here. So I'm trying fitness pal.

Oh yeah my name is CeCe
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace! I'm 5'3" and 236 right now. I'm a week into starting over after a baby and surgery so I'm back to square one and I could sure use some encouragement and would love to cheer you on as well. :)

I originally joined 2 years ago but about 5 months into it found myself pregnant, I tried to keep doing workouts but due to complications I had to stop, so basically I felt like the pounds crept on and there was nothing I could do. Ended up having my first c-section then 8 months later surgery. Anyway, I would LOVE some motivation and support as it's getting a but daunting with no one cheering me on as I go. lol
  • jmxc
    jmxc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    I'm starting my journey also I tried fitness pal before and wasn't consistent , I'm hoping getting involved in a support group will help me reach my first goal which is 60pounds off by December..
    I hope we all reach our health goals
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Right there with you, Candace. I just joined on Monday, and I'm trying to make a lot of "friends" for mutual support. Feel free to add me, and good luck!
  • HappyFeetXOXO
    HappyFeetXOXO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just joined today, and am determined to do something about my overall health. I just tipped 200 lbs and hate it. I gain weight very evenly, so it can creep up without me even realizing it. I am a size 14, ultimately I want to get back down to 150, which is about a size 8 for me. I like the way it tracks sugar on here, for I have a -14 and didn't really eat much sugar...so I thought. lol. I just need something simple and actionable....

I don't have any groups/friends listed, so if anyone wants to encourage one another, add me.
  • cgirly007
    cgirly007 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! This is already the push that I need. You guys are wonderful!
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I started out well over 200 lbs. 3 years ago. Now, I am well under. You can add me if you'd like.
  • Michele1377
    Michele1377 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace
    I am 5'5" but well over 200 lbs so I am here too. I just again started logging food and exercise, was doing really well with a lower carb lifestyle last year, hubby got sick and has been undergoing treatment since last November, and I have put all of the weight I lost back on.
    Feel free to add me - I look foward to getting to know you as we make our journeys together!
    Michele
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace! I'm right there with you, though a little taller with a bit more weight. I've been on here for (I think) 5 weeks now and I'm 12 lbs down (didn't log my weight and loss at first). Working well so far. It will work for you as well!
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace! I'm 5'4 and 233 lbs. Have been an on again, off again MFP user for longer than I care to admit, but when I'm "on", it's great! I'd also love to make friends with you ladies in the same boat!
  • Mikeys_Girl
    Options
    Hello Candice, I am 5'8" and 237, I joined 5 days ago. Would love to have some support in this journey too :)

Tonya
  • newjenn40
    newjenn40 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'3" 200+ here .... would love to buddy up if you need more :) We can do this!!!
  • RayChalloner
    Options
    Ladies, I'm 6' 2" and 125 kg a couple of weeks ago, I think that's about 245lbs, (two weeks is 14days definitely) I have no intention of going all macho - no brain - alpha male - but could also do with some encouragement. I've shifted the first 5kgs/ 11 lbs already, using the food diary, diet and exercise, need to keep this going though...........
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just joined last week. I'm 5'2" 200+ pounds. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.
  • Katdyluv
    Katdyluv Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Can! *waving* Im right there with you girl. I joined about a week ago becuase I felt a public commitment might have a little more staying power for me. My goal is to lose 40 pounds... 10 is my first milestone. Would love to have a partner to checkin and checkon!

Lets do it! :smile:

-Kat
  • cchartrand1978
    cchartrand1978 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Candace Good Luck on your weight loss journey!!!!!!!!!!

I started in Nov 2011, lost 20lbs but fell off the wagon, gained 18lbs back. But now I'm on my journey again.

5'2" @ 213lbs and still trying.......
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am5'4" and 218 lbs! Would love to journey with yoh!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i was over 200 pounds when i started last year! i have lost 87 pounds just by having good friends on mfp! i will send you a friend request! together we can & will meet our goals!
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    me too...I started in May....very faithful in logging what I eat and some exercise daily...down 20 pounds and motivated to keep going.
  • pacsqueen
    pacsqueen Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well. i joined 6 weeks ago and i'm down 20lbs already. Just take it one day at a time! It works!!