1200 daily calorie meals and open food diary

Options
2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Aloha,
    I'm looking for anyone who has 1200 daily calorie goal to get meal ideas. I'm going to the supermarket this weekend and want to plan my meals for the week. I am open to any suggestions. I am also wondering if there is anyone on MFP that has the same caloric goal, 1200, and has an open food diary so I can get ideas. Mahalo nui loa!

Aloha,
    firemama

I think mine's open. I'll double check, but feel free to look.
  • faithjones83
    faithjones83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open feel free to look many days i am under but i do likt to eat some of my exercise calories.
    best low cal breakfast for me egg beaters 1 serving makes a lot of eggs and is only 35cal, wheat toast nature made honey wheat 35 cals per slice maybe per 2 slices need to check and turkey bacon oscar mayer is the best tasting to me and 35 cals per slice and they don't shrink like pork so it is a lot of meat. i end up feeling like I had a meal that I went out and paid for delish. combine ingredients into a scramble with a little cheese. even better
    Also a good dinner I had last night I used a Baja marinade pack and marinated some boneless skinless chicken breast overnight.
    I put sliced it up put it on the george foreman with some lemon juice onions and bell peppers and served it over a bed of brown rice that I cooked with a chicken boullion cube and a side of steamed broccoli and caulliflower. It was a lot of food and very filling. Mu entire meal was only about 400-450 calories including the marinade and delicious
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mine's public too and I'm at 1230 cals...feel free to take a peek. I recently made some veggie crumble tacos that were delicious, filling and under 400 cals!
  • e1ny
    e1ny Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I am going to take a look at the ideas from other people, too! So, thanks MFP group!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks MFP!
  • lauralynette
    Options
    I have mine set on 1300 calories, for breakfast I will do a protein shake (with sugar free soy milk) and some fruit, egg substitute, whole grain oatmeal,
    lunch is a salad, or sandwich (no mayo) on 100 calorie roll, veggie burger, cafe steamers,
    dinners I usually do seafood twice a week, chicken, turkey 3 days, lean pork once a week, and beef once a week. Lots of veggies brown rice, or pasta.
    Once to twice a week I do a stir fry, just watch the sauce you put in it, the frozen bag of stir fry mix is cheap.
    For snacks I like, almonds, celery with peanut butter, apples, whatever veggies I picked from the garden.
  • firemama
    firemama Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice and allowing me to look into your diaries. I just noticed my diary is not public, I am going to try an make it public. Anyone know how?
  • klhawk97
    Options
    A few of the posters have mentioned "eating exercise calories". I would like for mine to be gone. I'm just getting started, and knowing that I have extra calories, I want to use them. But that is only going to keep me at my present weight, right? I want to eat less darn it!!!
  • tater8589
    Options
    Tilapia with a Tb of butter (i prefer the yogurt butter) and some garlic and seasoned salt, 30 min on 300 wrapped in aluminum. YUMMY, and low cal. hmm... a couple things to avoid though are: Taco Bell quesedilla (way more cal than i expected) and flavored sunflower seeds.

Feel free to check my diary.
  • tater8589
    Options
    A few of the posters have mentioned "eating exercise calories". I would like for mine to be gone. I'm just getting started, and knowing that I have extra calories, I want to use them. But that is only going to keep me at my present weight, right? I want to eat less darn it!!!

They allow you to eat what you burned so you don't crash from not having enough to 'run' your body. Do what works for you, but if your getting run down eat a few of your burned calories. Good luck.
  • klhawk97
    Options
    Thanks Tater.....I hate dieting, but this site seems to make it a little easier to keep track of things. And makes me feel guilty when I've overdone it, like tonight!!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

A calorie deficit is build into your base calorie goal. So if you burn and eat your exercise calories you still have the original calorie deficit MFP created for you to loss (2lbs per week or 1.5 lbs per week or .5lbs per week) what ever weight loss goal you chose. Exercise calories are not your maintenance calorie amount.
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    I added you so u can view mine.. I'm on 1200 and have an open diary to friends