My Goals! Back fat, tummy, arms, ect. [Pictures]

Options
2»

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I don't want to invalidate your bold step here - I know what you're trying to achieve by putting your "flaws" out there. But you know what I see when I look at your thighs? Smooth skin!! No cellulite!

Have you ever stepped back and looked at those pics with a more friendly eye? Find something, anything, that you like right now, as it is. Because if you can't love yourself now, losing 50 pounds won't change a thing. I firmly believe that's a major factor in yo-yo-ing (from personal experience) We lose all this weight - but continue to see ourselves as the old fat self we were, and eventually we're right back to where we were, or worse!

And don't forget to take measurements as well as pics! When I look in the mirror, it seems my torso is the same shape as it was 20 pounds ago - but the 3" I've lost off my waist tells something different!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

This. Try to start the changes from a place of love, not hate for your body.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Above the butt on the hip, the part that muffin tops are made of. I just can't get it to be less squishy.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Okay, seriously...it sounded like you were describing MY body there! I have the exact same issues! I am so glad I saw this post!!
  • bisquickshawl
    bisquickshawl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't want to invalidate your bold step here - I know what you're trying to achieve by putting your "flaws" out there. But you know what I see when I look at your thighs? Smooth skin!! No cellulite!

Have you ever stepped back and looked at those pics with a more friendly eye? Find something, anything, that you like right now, as it is. Because if you can't love yourself now, losing 50 pounds won't change a thing. I firmly believe that's a major factor in yo-yo-ing (from personal experience) We lose all this weight - but continue to see ourselves as the old fat self we were, and eventually we're right back to where we were, or worse!

And don't forget to take measurements as well as pics! When I look in the mirror, it seems my torso is the same shape as it was 20 pounds ago - but the 3" I've lost off my waist tells something different!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

The cellulite is indeed there! My web camera just decided to be nice for once in its life, and hid it from you all. I have actually notice an improvement in the thigh/butt cellulite region. I won't go into full detail about it now [I'll post the full blown thing on a new message board] But I have been doing the 30 day squat challenge, and OH MY GOODNESS! My booty has never been this firm! And my thighs, although I'm not losing any of them, they are becoming more toned, so when I do lose weight, they will be ready to go!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    First time hearing the term "flab abs", but I think, I too, am suffering from this condition. :wink:
  • JaderadeZ
    JaderadeZ Posts: 24
    Options
    You've inspired me! Here are my trouble areas! (With photos as well :])

7b9240ce-5fca-482f-8728-7d6be6a87594.jpg
    1. Too big of boobs! Seriously, those puppies are like 2x the size they used to be. I don't fear drowning, at least..
    2. Do you see a waist? Cause I dont.
    3. Thunder thighs!
    4. Are those... Thunder CALVES I see?
    c9b16326-115c-4cdd-85fd-aed7e99f5ba6.jpg
    1. Mutton arms much?
    2. IT'S A BOY... Just kidding, I'm actually not pregnant. (No, really lol)
    3. DEM THIGHS.
    50049628-0b0f-4fdd-85c3-eb8d2e2cf228.jpg
    1. Dear god, back boobs.
    2. Do you see that tooshie? It's almost the same width as my shoulders for darn sakes!
    3. DEAR GOD THE THIGHS

Thank you for giving me the courage to post this along with you!

Let's all get rid of our problem areas together :D
  • bisquickshawl
    bisquickshawl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You've inspired me! Here are my trouble areas! (With photos as well :])

7b9240ce-5fca-482f-8728-7d6be6a87594.jpg
    1. Too big of boobs! Seriously, those puppies are like 2x the size they used to be. I don't fear drowning, at least..
    2. Do you see a waist? Cause I dont.
    3. Thunder thighs!
    4. Are those... Thunder CALVES I see?
    c9b16326-115c-4cdd-85fd-aed7e99f5ba6.jpg
    1. Mutton arms much?
    2. IT'S A BOY... Just kidding, I'm actually not pregnant. (No, really lol)
    3. DEM THIGHS.
    50049628-0b0f-4fdd-85c3-eb8d2e2cf228.jpg
    1. Dear god, back boobs.
    2. Do you see that tooshie? It's almost the same width as my shoulders for darn sakes!
    3. DEAR GOD THE THIGHS

Thank you for giving me the courage to post this along with you!

Let's all get rid of our problem areas together :D

I'm proud of you for facing your body demons :)
    I sure hope you will keep in touch with your progress and in a few months we can exchange "after" pictures without having and fear of people looking at your body!
    BIKINIS IN 2014? I THINK YES!!!
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love that you posted this. You are super brave and it seems to have made a lot of us feel better that we aren't the only ones trying to work on these areas, at least it has for me. I always wondered if anyone else had "fat abs". My husband always tells me I have a two pack and I just sight and say nope it's just fat, though I'm sure that once I lose the fat I will have rock hard abs showing! This part and the arm poofs. I hate those stupid things!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a part of the body they wish would disappear, some have 3,4,5... or a lot...
    I'm about to reveal my self conscious body image issues to the MFP world in hopes that someone else will feel like they are not the only ones out there with some weird things in some weird places. Here we gooooo!
    A- The "flab abs" the things that look like abs, but there's just a bunch of fat on it..
    B- THUNDER THIGHS!
    C- Arm puffs! God forbid your shirt be too tight or the sleeves be to small.
    D- I'm so much of a woman, that I have 2 pair of BOOBS!
    E- That pouch... only attractive on a kangaroo.
    F- MORE THUNDER THIGHS!!
    G- When you try to wave at someone, but it just looks like you're trying to fly..
    H- Oh that back fat! The reason I can't wear "backless" or "lacy back" shirts.
    I- AND THERE ARE THOSE DARN THUNDER THIGHS AGAIN... just go away okay? Just leave.

2djo0sk.jpg

There you have it guys. My most embarrassing body parts.
    What are yours?
    You just explained like...everyone. Why pick yourself appart like that?

A - gives you great hope that you'll actually get abs, and not just nothing. I had to lose weight and gain it over again to get something that resembles abs because I didn't go about trying to keep them the first time around since I didn't have the genes for it.
    B - normal
    C - normal, I don't care if you're 5% body fat, you're still going to have this. Buy a different material or a different size.
    D - I have this, I would consider it normal and don't think it looks like boobs. If it does great, boys love that stuff.
    E - your stomach, that's what it is, it's suppose to be a pouch, if it starts sinking in, and your organs eat itself, and it stops being a pouch, I'd be concerned.
    F - why mention it so many times?
    G - I don't get it...your bra flaps?
    H - There are lots of things I cannot wear just because of my shape, and I'm small, and it's not going to look good on me, and it's not the end of the world.
    I - you really like to bring that up allot. Is it the dimpling on your legs? Because even at a rather low body fat, women have a very hard time with this. " It has been claimed that a woman's anatomy is such that the connective tissue runs more perpendicular to the skin, creating a vertical distribution of fat chambers. Whereas a man's runs more parallel and in a crisscross fashion, which creates a more organized distribution of the fat chambers" - http://lipocentral.com/cellulite_treatment.htm

I believe that a lot of women have an unhealthy body image and don't realize that even the best of the best models suffer from many of the above problems. A nice angle and some makeup shouldn't make you feel worse because your eyes are not constantly looking through a cameral lense. You can constantly improve yourself, including the way you view yourself. If you change the latter you'll feel better about yourself a lot sooner.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    While I understand what you're doing here... kinda....

There's really no need to body shame yourself on a public forum. :-(

It's not necessary, and certainly isn't good for mental health and personal body image.