quick add calories??

Options
I keep seeing this on people diaries (yes I'm a diary creeper) what does it mean ?

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It means that you just add the calories of the food you ate rather than searching for it in the database. Adding specific foods is better if you are watching your macros (fat, protein,carbs) but I find it handy if I take a bite of something and I want to cover myself for it. I might quick add 20 cals for my sugar free gum at the end of the day too.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use quick add calories for items I can't find on the database and am too lazy to enter each thing in the recipe (mostly things I've cooked at home). :flowerforyou:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I use them very rarely...there are a few things that I treat myself to that aren't in the database, but I have the nutritional information on the package...so I quick add. I try not to do it frequently because manage my macros as much as I manage my calories.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I don't do it at all--I want to know my macros. The database is huge. If the exact item I ate isn't in there, it's pretty easy to find something comparable.

Also...this may not be entirely fair, but when I see "quick add" calories in other people's diaries, I can't shake the sneaking suspicion that they're hiding something. If you ate the cupcake? Just log the cupcake.
  • scottrfraser
    scottrfraser Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In my case I have a recipe that includes a specified amount of salad dressing. When I use less I would like to subtract the amount from the calories in the recipe by way of entering a negative number. However, I would like a note so I can remember why I added or subtracted from the given entry.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use them for things like when I'm eating out and I can't find the exact item in the data base and a similar items calories seem a little low - I'll toss in some quick adds as a buffer. Or when my mom makes dinner and I can't be sure of what random oils, butters, or whatnot she might have snuck in there again for a buffer. Or I was at costco and just ate a bunch of samples and who the heck know what calories those were?!