should i lose weight and how to do it

Options
I've always been a rather slim kid, but when i was 12-15 and my body started to change from a girl into a woman I would eat much more - not surprising I guess. At some point I reached 74 kilograms, felt fat, but hoped it was just temporary. That was about 3 years ago, now I'm 18 and I noticed that for about 12-18 months I have been very slowly losing weight. That's probably because when I stopped growing up, the amounts of food I eat became smaller. Recently, I've tried on my old dress. it would fit me perfectly 2 years ago, but now is a bit loose. Outta curiosity I weighted myself. Now I weight 69 kilograms, am 165cm tall and wear size 42 (Poland, in the UK it's 14, afaik) . Is that too fat for an 18-year-old? In a year I'm going to university and I would like to lose about 10 kilograms by this time. Any advice?
I downloaded the my fitness pal app today, added my usual meals and according to the app I consume about 1600-1800 calories a day. Should I eat much less to achieve my goal - 10 kgs in a year?

Replies

• Zorx
    Zorx Posts: 15
    Options
    Okay, so a goal calorie level for 59 kg (130 lbs) is 1300 calories a day. If you really want to see a difference, you might want to aim for 1250. It's a safe bet, you might lose it a bit faster than you wanted to, but it won't be unhealthy to lose it like that. After you've gotten to the desired weight, just net about 1300 a day, and you'll be peachy.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Okay, so a goal calorie level for 59 kg (130 lbs) is 1300 calories a day. If you really want to see a difference, you might want to aim for 1250. It's a safe bet, you might lose it a bit faster than you wanted to, but it won't be unhealthy to lose it like that. After you've gotten to the desired weight, just net about 1300 a day, and you'll be peachy.

^ No.

1600-1800 is probably a better number for you, I'd stick with what your app says and not the above poster.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options

^ No.

1600-1800 is probably a better number for you, I'd stick with what your app says and not the above poster.

agreeing. 1250 is way too low. And if I have to eat 1300 to maintain....no way. Real people eat real foods in real amounts.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Maintain at net 1300? Wth. No OP, dont listen to that person. Eat at least 1600 and half your exercise cals back. Make healthier food choices, but dont forget nutrient dense foods like nuts, avocados and olive oil.

MFP forums can teach a lot but there are also whacky people who give bad advice, most of the time others will call them on it.
  • lillymollyliselotte
    Options
    thank you for your replies. I think I'll aim for 1500-1600 calories a day. No pressure, I ain't gonna starve myself to lose weight qiuckly. Someone told me patience is the key ;)