WEIGHING.. morning or evening?

Options
When do you weigh and track? ..
I usually weigh in the morning after having a wee.. then I feel fresh. Is this the best time to weigh? Or is your true weight in the evening?
I always go up appx 1kg by the end of the day.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Evening weight will be affected by:
    - what you ate
    - what you drank
    - if your dressed...then what your wearing (some jeans can weigh close to 5lbs)

I weigh, morning after using the bathroom and naked. I never weigh at night because of all the different things that can affect my weight. I also, weigh randomly. I did weigh daily for a few months, so I could see what all affected my weight (sodium, TOM, etc.).
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with shadow better to weigh yourself in the morning, however I use the scales at the swimming baths so naked isn't an option for me LOL ;) I personally wouldn't want to weigh myself everyday and I would stick to the same scales, but each to their own :)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Always morning for me, in a fasted state, before drinking water, and I always weight myself in boxers.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    As long as you're consistent, it doesn't matter...same time roughly and same conditions roughly. That's more difficult to achieve later in the day IMHO because you will have eaten meals and taken in liquid...and those things have a certain weight and that weight shows up on the scale...so if you happened to eat a 6 oz chicken breast and then weigh in, you're likely to weigh roughly 6 ounces or so more than before.

As far as your "true weight"...you're never going to know that exactly...weight isn't static, it's always fluctuating. Just be consistent.
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    I weigh in the morning, after Ive pee'd and naked!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Morning, as I drink a lot of fluids and often weigh 3 - 4 pounds more at night.
  • animelose2012
    Options
    I do in the moring after the bathroom and naked!
  • tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like to do it right after I get up. I take care of my morning routine and then weight.
  • cpattyson63
    cpattyson63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do it in morning either in pjs or after I shower and put shorts on. I do it that way because the Dr scales are fairly in tune with mine. But one day mine dropped 3 lb and later I got weighed at the one bariatric scale and it said I didn't lose anything. So maybe full of liquid. lol
  • PoemGirl24
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning right before I go work out. I feel it is the best time because if I do it in the evening time after work, I tend to be disappointed because I always tend to weigh more in the evening than when I first wake up. I also try not to weigh myself more than once a week because I find that I get discouraged if the scale doesn't budge even though I know that it is a work in progress.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Morning and naked.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning while wearing minimal clothing.
  • lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    Options
    Me too. Morning (not the morning after a weight-lifting muscle fest), naked, after a pee, before any liquids.
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    monday mornings naked before i eat haha
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    In the morning before a shower.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter when you weigh, just as long as you weigh consistently (same time of day, similar clothing, similar diet, etc.)
  • nikkayelizabeth
    Options
    Right after I wake up
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Always morning for me, in a fasted state, before drinking water, and I always weight myself in boxers.

^^ Same here minus the boxers:smile:
  • Bnewman410
    Bnewman410 Posts: 44
    Options
    I weigh in the morning...if I'm liking what I'm seeing then I strip and weigh again lol
  • phechan3
    phechan3 Posts: 60
    Options
    At night after I've worked out at the gym... although mostly because their scale is more accurate than mine lol. :p Naked if no ones around. >_> Otherwise, minimal clothes.