Ready to torch the calories. I can help. You can help me to.

Options
Hey there my name is Daniel and I currently lost 42 pounds from working out to Zumba Fitness and using Myfitnesspal in my everyday life. This program really works. I am in love with Myfitnesspal. Just looking to meet people from all walks of life who need motivation or to even keep me motivated. : )

Replies

• tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for my PS3. Haven't seen newer versions, but love it! Congrats!
  • DanielGreen4486
    DanielGreen4486 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have heard about the Zumba for the PS3 and I have seen demonstrations of it in commercials. What is your goal? How much are you trying to lose?
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!! I have developed a taste for latin music now and would KILL to see Pitbull in concert !!
  • tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    100 lbs...I've lost 22 so far
  • steffie36
    steffie36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'd love to get into zumba, but my space is limited, so i just go for long walks or bike rides. I'm looking to find more friends too, because staying motivated is hard when you don't have many friends on the same goal.

My names stef :D
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I havent tried Zumba yet, but it is on my birthday list because I do enjoy working out on my wii and ps3 in my spare time! Good to know it is a good workout! :)
  • crimsonpoetry
    Options
    We have a Zumba class at work - but it is only once a week. Other days I try to run. I'm trying to lose the last 10-15 lbs...and they are the HARDEST!
  • DanielGreen4486
    Options
    I agree I love Zumba to! It took me a long time to find something fun and easy that works for me, but when I jumped into Zumba all of that changed. I have struggled with my weight ever since I was 21 and up. Never was really to big until then. I have lost 60 pounds the first time. Gained 40 back. Lost the 40 pounds. Then Gained twice that. It has always been a struggle with my weight. This last time I had reached the biggest I have ever been in my life. I was a whopping 292 pounds at one point. I now am at 242 pounds. Zumba is life changing for me. It is not as crazy as insanity or those other fast paced workouts. It gives you energy the more you continue to do it. I know I am going to make Zumba a part of my life forever. I bet the game is really cool to. I do the ZIN 36 Zumba with Kass Martin. I have tried a few others to. ZIN 36 is my favorite one at the moment. Great Job to you! You are headed down the right path and Myfitnesspal will get you there! : )
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    We have a Zumba class at work - but it is only once a week. Other days I try to run. I'm trying to lose the last 10-15 lbs...and they are the HARDEST!

I agree!! I am trying to lose about 15 more pounds, it is taking soooo long!! Can be very frustrating!
  • DanielGreen4486
    Options
    Yes Stef thats cool just add me its always better to have friends in here to motivate each other. Zumba is a great workout. It is like just the right amount of cardio to get your heart pumped up. Everytime I am finished with my 40 minute zumba routine I am pouring sweat. That is true though when you all say that the last 10-15 pounds are hard to lose. When you start to lose more weight it gets harder to get it off because your metabolism slows down a bit. Your body is somewhat in overload and is kind of shocked to the new weightloss. I find that the more you push yourself and restrict yourself from the good food we all want to stay away from that's when it speeds it up a little more. It can be hard, but motivation techniques such as this myfitnesspal definitely helps. burning more calories than the food you intake is the key. Lots and lots of water flushes you out and keeps you with lots of energy to. : )
  • DanielGreen4486
    Options
    That doesn't mean to starve yourself. Eating is a very important essential to losing weight. The food is where the majority of your energy will come from.