P.S.A. -- Fat Boys Should NOT Run!!

Options
Fat boys should NOT run ... when its 90 degrees ... with 85% humidity ... after working a 10 hour day in the heat!! (it's coming slow, but I am learning as i go!!)

Replies

• Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nobody should run under those conditions! Hope you're ok!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It has been HOT!!! This fat girl runs on the treadmill at home and it has been hot doing that so I can't imagine how hot it would be outside. Stay cool!!!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey! That's my friend you're calling fat :angry: I don't like that! It's crazy hot everywhere. what about early in the morning?
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    Ms. J ... you are SOOOOO good to me!! but it's really ok ... i know where i am ... and i know where i want to be!! (not all of us can already be great like you)
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This fat boy totally agrees with you on that.

Supposed to be even hotter and more humid Wednesday here by me in the midwest
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Hope you're ok!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Hope you're feeling alright!
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    i was feeling pretty crummy about things this morning ... this journey is TOUGH!! sometimes i feel like i'm not going ANYWHERE but backwards ... but some pretty awesome friends gave me the encouragement i needed this morning to keep going ... and i appreciate it GREATLY!!

and by the way ... after a nice shower and few minutes of breathing ... i feel GREAT!! thanks guys!!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I can't run anywhere. You made a good effort though!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Good for you for trying anyways. That's some dedication! You should feel pretty good about yourself. Maybe morning next time? You got this.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Treadmill with AC running, or later at night with a headlamp so you don't get a sprain.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I did a 5k on the 4th of July and it was only 80 but 88% humidity and I thought I was going to die. Thought I was suffocating at times. You pulled through, though, and that's what matters! Be proud! I know I was!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It's smoking hot today! Try mornings or a treadmill, or even after dark. Just DO NOT QUIT! quitting is for sissy's lol:wink:
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I don't think i would have even attempted it! Well done you, make sure you stay hydrated :)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer running in these temps compared to running in 40 degrees F or below. I'm loving it up while it lasts for another month or two!
  • ijavagypsy
    ijavagypsy Posts: 109
    Options
    Fat boys should NOT run ... when its 90 degrees ... with 85% humidity ... after working a 10 hour day in the heat!! (it's coming slow, but I am learning as i go!!)

Haha! My hackles went up until I realized you were giving yourself sound advice! :happy:
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that. You got it done, it didn't kill you and now. you're more of a badass than you were the day prior.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    All of us should take it easy and consider not running outside when it's too hot. By the time I'm supposed to run today it will be humid, over 90 degrees, sunny and I'm supposed to do speed intervals. I did it outside last week, but I had to slow down so much to compensate that I was running my speed Iintervals at my normal pace. So there was no point to it. Treadmill it is!
  • jreilky713
    Options
    I can't run but I did walk yesterday it was in the 90s here with a lot of humidity. I made it but felt like crap afterwards so I may take today off. They only real time I have to walk is the hottest time of the day my lunch break around 1pm. Make sure you hydrate. I drink 16oz of water while I take my 30 minute walk.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    As much as it sucks, I try to embrace the heat - I've been doing most of my work right around lunchtime. Road work in this heat builds character :)