ladies looking to maintain weight/building muscle

Options
Hey,

I'm just about to my goal weight (3 lbs to go) and am going to be trasitioning to toning and building muscle. Most of my friends (and people on here in general) are losing weight and I'd like to have some friends on here who are in the same boat as me. I feel like this is an entirely new phase in my fitness journey and could use some more motivation, support, help, tips...etc.

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am glad you post this because I am doing the same thing you are. I got to my goal weight and now I am trying to maintain it and build muscle. I will add you for motivation and support. Anyone else can add me as well. :)
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ME! I go over my calories almost every day a little bit because I really don't care what the scale says that much. I could still loose 6-10 lbs. but I'm more interested in working out (to eat more food like you) and to lose the fat and gain muscle. Feel free to add me.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have 14lbs to go but have stopped worrying about it. I have upped my calories and am concentrating a lot more on fitness and toning. If I lose weight while doing this great, if I don't, I'm not too worried now. Feel free to add me :)
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal weight, managed to maintain for a month, and just started my weight lifting journey a week and a half ago. The one thing that I noticed was spot-on as far as advice was concerned: When you hit your goal weight, go another two pounds below it. When you start on the road to maintenance, you will gain a pound or two back as your body readjusts, but you'll be right where you need to be at your goal weight again.

Also, when I lift, I put on about a pound and a half each time...then two days later it's gone again, so DON'T PANIC! (love those words). It's water weight as your muscles are healing again.

I started out with two times of serious heavy lifting per week and that's all. Saturdays and Wednesdays. 45 minutes to an hour of solid "oh my God, I can't do this!" kind of lifting - 6 to 8 reps of a heavy enough weight that the last rep seems nigh on impossible to accomplish. I will do this for another couple of weeks twice a week, and then increase it to 3 times a week. Maybe a walk on the treadmill in between.

But I want to maintain weight and build muscle, so I admit that I am often over a little bit in my calorie consumption each day...but that's the only way to build muscle according to lots of folks on the boards. *nods* Okay, so we're trying that. A week and a half in, and EVERYTHING has been accurate so far, and I am still at my goal weight.

Good luck!
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. Lost all the baby weight and now focusing on body fat % and muscle definition. feel free to add me :)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining now and plan on starting a bulk at the end of September.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am going to focus on my strength goals especially when I get done training for Warrior Dash, in about 4 weeks, but for now I am doing crossfit to improve my cardiovascular strength and keep up with running 5k. What is everyone planning to do training-wise? I have used Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5, and I am thinking of going back to that with the goal of being able to do an unassisted pullup, 10 real pushups and squat my weight (115 lbs).
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining now and plan on starting a bulk at the end of September.

Me too. (Well, working up to/finding maintenance currently).
  • SkylinePigeon9797
    Options
    I am at the same place, I gained a little back after maintaining for a while and really had to get my eating back in check. I have a little bit more leaning out I want to do, but other than that I'm looking to maintain. I have have been doing ChaLEAN Extreme for 40+ weeks and I personally love it! But eating the right foods is still extremely important to stay lean (as I learned lol).

So this is what I am currently doing:

Weight training 3 days a week
    Cardio 2 days a week
    Rest 2 days a week

I'm working on revamping my diet to fit within my calories, include all the protein I need while remaining high in alkaline and low in animal products. Super challenging, but feels great!
  • SkylinePigeon9797
    Options
    And anyone can add me as well! :)
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I havent weighed myself in a year.....I honestly go by how my body looks and how much i'm lifting. I should probably lose 5-10 lbs. But right now i just use this to make sure i dont go SUPER overboard and keep myself honest. The weight thing doesnt matter to me.

Weight would ONLY matter to me if I was going for a competition of some sort. I'm not so oh well. Add if you want any support on lifting and toning!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat - just looking to lean out some more and have those abs pop out a bit more :)

add me if you'd like :)
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am close to my goal but have started to weight train to build definition and help speed up my metabolism. Feel free to add me as I am also looking for support with the newly added weight training.
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Same here! Feel Free to add me for more support :)
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am currently maintaining as well. Working on toning and weights!
  • louisewright5623
    Options
    Hi

I am nearly at my target give or take a few pounds but I am now more interested in toning and losing bodyfat. Would love some friends who are already doing this or just starting out with weights like me:-)

Feel free to add me

Lou
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Pleased to find a thread about maintaining and building muscle. Thank you.
    I started doing yoga last December and have found that that is really helping with ky strength in combination with some gentle jogging. Still have another 4lbs or so to lose, but much more concerned with trimming a bit more of my excess and toning.
    Feel free to add me!
    Nat
  • p1ppers
    p1ppers Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've only got a couple of pounds to go also, just had a physical and doctor said well your BMI is normal, so what are your plans? She said most never get to their goal, and out of those that do, they consider themselves "done" and then gain it all back. I will never stop what I'm doing or consider myself "done". It's taken a year to lose 50 lbs, now I must continue to make sure I keep it off. Not lifting weights, but walking 9 miles a day every day. Anyone can add me if they'd like. Thanks