Question about "Natural" Sugar

Options
I went into a store today to buy some more whey protien powder and the sales person said "we sell this in a natural now". Natural what I asked, it now contains natural sugars, 4g per serving. The one I usually buy only has 2g of sugar per serving. Who can help me understand the difference between natural and "un"natural sugar and/or why it is better to have more natural sugar in a product. I truly do not know and would like to understand this concept.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• scopetrek
    scopetrek Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    natural sugar? no such thing. Its all processes in some way of form unless you can pick it from a tree.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You got duped into buying an unnatural product in whey protein powder. Never not once in human history have people needed to supplement with protein powder. It's a concept that was never meant to be understood. Save your money and buy organic produce instead.

Also, you should just post the product name so we can look up the ingredients. Or you could just look at the ingredients label yourself. Natural sugar is likely extracted from fruit, another unnatural and unnecessary process. All so they can slap another marketing phrase on their label so you will shell out $38.62 every month for their product instead of the other 78 competitors.
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    think the "natural" one was $7 more............ I am extremely wary of things labeled natural I assume it is a gimmick
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    If it comes in a box, can, or bag - it's processed. Forget what the front of the label says or claims, always read the actual ingredients.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    It's the same thing. Your body can't tell the difference.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    A BS marketing gimmick.