WARNING!!! GIRLY QUESTION!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it is not unsal for womens cycles to change and get irregular do to exercise. If you are loosing weight and exercising your body is making big changes, but play it safe and check with your doctor to make sure!!
  • somethingvague
    Options
    Just started first TOM since starting exercise, and it's actually lighter and I didn't have unbearable cramps for a week prior....but everybody is different, especially when changing our bodies so much. But after 8 months of a problem I'd probably make an appt. with my gyno just to be sure. Hope everything is okay!

And yeah, super bloated and up 1.6 pounds...but I know it's not real and will be gone next week..so I'm not stressing it! (Or trying not to :))
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Unless you have an obscenely low body fat percentage I'd go to your doctor - I wouldn't think good ole regular exercise would have such an effect.
  • labelleariane
    labelleariane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I m experiencing a shorter cycle since I trainned. I went to 32 days (6days) -> 23 days (4 days)...
    It a bit less suffering too.

I tought It was due to an increase of my metabolism.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I started using the "my days app" on my droid to track my "TOM" just to see if it changes.
  • twingirls05
    Options
    i have the mirena so i hardly ever get a period. but i have noticed that in the last 2 years when i really started working out consistantly i would have a light period....which was more than i would get normally. but mine would last a few days and be done

Crazy!!! I have Mirena and haven't had a period for almost 2 years. LOVE it!!! I get PMS and cramps like no other every month, but never a period anymoe. I've been an avid runner (20-30 miles a week) for the last 18 months and still, no period!
  • girlruns
    Options
    For awhile now (and now that I think about it, maybe since I started here) it has been incredibly light for 3 or 4 days. I didn't need anything other than a liner. This past time I was crabby as all get out (which is RARE for me) but I never got any sign of a cycle. 2 pregnancy tests a week apart say it isn't that, but I am lighter than I ever have been while on the pill, so I am just taking it as the blessing it is! However, I did talk to my doctor after I had started on the pill and saw just how light it was (to almost non existent sometimes) and he said the hormones in the pills can cause that. It never hurts to check with your doctor, especially since it has been ongoing and is heavier than usual.
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS(poly-cystic-ovarian-syndrome) I don't have TOM unless I'm on meds or the pill.Last TOM I had started all by itself with no meds since joining MFP and exercising regularly.WOW'D me but if you are always regular I'd talk to doctor because it could be a hormone inbalance,thyroid issues, or could be just your body accepting change from your healthier lifestyle and trying to compensate. Either way go see your gyno just to be sure your ok. :)
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I REALLY appreciate everyone's input!! Thank you so much! I will go to the doctor soon......been acting like a man and waiting for something to fall off before I'll go to the doc! LOL