any good recipes for strawberry and banana smoothies?

Options
can anyone help me please. does anyone know any good recipes for strawberry and banana smoothies. thank you x

Replies

• ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think you would need recipes for smoothies honestly. Just throw some fruit/veggies, protein powers, water/ice/soy milk into a blender and BAM! Smoothie.

However, others seem to think you need recipes.. so Google returns lots of websites for "Smoothie Recipes"

Such as, http://allrecipes.com/recipes/drinks/smoothies/
  • malibu5880
    malibu5880 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I made one on the fly this morning.

Frozen strawberries and bananas, frozen yogurt, milk, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder.

Walla. Chocolate covered strawberry/banana smoothie. It was tasty.
  • brokeshopper
    Options
    My post-workout shake - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 banana, 1 Dannon light and fit Greek Strawberry yogurt

Tastes great! Almond milk has more calcium and less sugar than dairy milk.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Every morning my husband and I have a basic smoothie that involves 1 banana, a 1 cup measuring cup full of frozen strawberries, 1 cup of oj and 1 cup of light vanilla yogurt. It's delicious and keeps me full until my mid morning snack. It is a little over 200 hundred calories for each of us and it makes a pretty big glass full for each of us.
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1 large banana, sliced and frozen
    about 1-2 cups of strawberries, frozen
    about 1 cup vanilla or strawberry yogurt (could use Greek or lite or whatever)
    about 1 cup orange juice (could use milk if you like less tangy flavor)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder if desired

Add all to blender, and GO!!

Just experiment a little and add or subtract the amounts to your liking. My husband likes it with the protein powder, but I thought it was too thick. We like a little more strawberry and a little less banana. /shrug. It's hard to mess up a smoothie.

Once you figure out the proportions you like, buy a bunch of strawberries and bananas, slice them up and divide into freezer bags. Then when you want a smoothie, dump the fruit in the blender, add the other stuff and bingo. This way you can buy the fruit when it's in season/on sale and have some even during the winter, as the frozen fruit keeps for months in the freezer.
  • alwilson1974
    alwilson1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1 cup of frozen strawberries and bananas
    1 cup of low/nonfat milk
    1 container of vanilla nonfat greek yogurt
    1 Tbsp. of peanutbutter

I call it my PB&J Smoothie....it kept me full for hours......
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My favourite smoothie recipe:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup fresh or frozen fruit - so for strawberry banana, use 1/2 cup of each
    1 tbsp. chia seeds
    (1 handful baby spinach/greens)
    (1 cup water if you like a thinner smoothie)

You can't taste the baby spinach. I promise you. You can leave them out if you like, but they're so crazy good for you and almost no one gets enough leafy green veggies. You can sub the almond milk for any other kind of milk. Stay away from juice, as the sugar in it hits your bloodstream too fast.
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was doing
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1banana frozen or raw
    1 cup skim milk
    1 scoop slim fast vanilla for taste

I am trying to do low carb and this is a no no because everything but the strawberries are high in carbs
    I am keeping the strawberries and banana because I am fussy and going water and low carb greek vanilla yogurt instead
    And I will add in some spinach
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Options
    1 banana, handful of fresh strawberries (I rather blueberries), 1-2T Natural Pnut butter or flax seeds if you don't like pnut butter, vanilla or plain yogurt (the greek kinds) and a small handful of rolled or steel cut oats. A liltle skim milk to get the consistency you like. Just make sure you look at your teeth after drinking as the fruit seeds tend to find places to get stuck. :tongue:
  • Caremy24
    Caremy24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :love: What size "container" for the yogurt? There are at least 3 that I know of and I would like to try this recipe. LOVE me some PB!
  • Caremy24
    Caremy24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1 cup of frozen strawberries and bananas
    1 cup of low/nonfat milk
    1 container of vanilla nonfat greek yogurt
    1 Tbsp. of peanutbutter

I call it my PB&J Smoothie....it kept me full for hours......

What size "container" for the yogurt? I would love to try this recipe, but there are several sizes. I love PB! Thanks!