I can't stop eating!!

Options
I find myself eating all the time! I have got to get a hold of it. I eat until I'm full! Especially when whatever it was tasted so good! Hey! Is that something? Do I need to adjust to a bland diet so that I won't desire seconds? And when packing up leftovers, I pick and eat more! I have been gaining and really need to turn it around!!!!!!!!

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Portion and plan. Log you food ahead of time. Put proper portion on your plate. Eat s l o w. And don't friggin cheat. PLAN FOR SNACKS!!!!! It just takes determination. Good luck.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I find myself eating all the time! I have got to get a hold of it. I eat until I'm full! Especially when whatever it was tasted so good! Hey! Is that something? Do I need to adjust to a bland diet so that I won't desire seconds? And when packing up leftovers, I pick and eat more! I have been gaining and really need to turn it around!!!!!!!!

You need to change your habits.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    serve up your plate, then put the rest away before you eat.

also drink plenty of water between meals.

get a good healthy breakfast in the mornings with complex carbs and good protein.

snack on nuts between meals, again taking just a serving out, and putting the container away before you eat.

get out of the kitchen and go for a walk.

pre plan your meals and prelog. measure measure measure.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.
  • carlapope200
    carlapope200 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here...I can eat until I am so full and stuffed that I go into a food coma and nap! I am an emotional eater. I have gained 60 pounds in less than one year. You are on this sight, so you will do fine! Keep logging in here. That is what I do. Plus, I had to open a whole bag of carrots to nibble on the while night, so I won't eat peanuts. Popcorn with butter and peanuts is my vice, but the carrots gave me the crunch I needed. Just keep logging on this site.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    Take a week or two and eat as you normally do but log Everything. That way you can see what you are really consuming and then you can take a plan of action as to how to fix it.

Are you eating because you are bored? Are you actually thirsty? Are you not getting enough nutrients? I know if I eat a lot of sugary or carby food and not enough fats and protein I end up starving and eating way too much.

Take it slow and make one healthy change at a time. It is worth it in the long run.
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I know it's hard. Try eating until you're content but not full and if you have to have seconds go for the veggies.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Portion and plan. Log you food ahead of time. Put proper portion on your plate. Eat s l o w. And don't friggin cheat. PLAN FOR SNACKS!!!!! It just takes determination. Good luck.

^^^THIS. If you're eating to a plan, you'll stop. If you're eating because you're there, the food's there, let's party, it's not that the food is MAKING you do anything, you're making choices. Create accountability and consequences for yourself. If 90% of your calories for the day are planned before you eat breakfast, then when you're tempted to eat a second helping you'll have to make a choice -- do I want this now, or do I want to eat my dinner, my snack, whatever you're looking forward to.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem but seem to be able to reign it in lately. I think.....I think I just decided to stop. No visiting angel, no opening skies.... just somehow have seen the light: this is not the way to lose weight.

One thing that has helped (I've gone through this sort of in cycles throughout my adult life) is to just put off eating for awhile. When the urge hits, wait 5 minutes. If that's too much, wait 3 minutes. Next time, add a minute. And so on. Make a chart of squares about the size of calendar squares, one for each hour between meals/snacks, then divide each of those into fourths. When you go 15 minutes without eating, put an X through one of the little squares. Four X's and one whole square, one whole hour, is victorious.

Recently (I just got out of a backslide) I fasted till late afternoon. I had coffee in the morning, skipped breakfast and lunch, then an early supper about 4pm. I was astonished that I wasn't hungry all day. I drank water but took in nothing else till supper, which was light (just bread and jelly.) This broke the pattern for me. Actually I didn't set out to fast; I got into a hurry and didn't eat breakfast, then when I discovered I wasn't hungry I also skipped lunch. It just worked out that way.

It also helps me to eat the same breakfast and lunch every day. No decision-making.

Snacking.... I do best just not to go there. It triggers a binge.

I am not good at logging. It drives me crazy. I do it only sporadically, and then mostly to be sure I'm getting enough protein and calcium. Generally, I don't log what I don't want to acknowledge I ate. So logging is not a way for me to control impulse eating. But it does help me track nutrients I want to be sure to get enough of.

Hope some of this helps.
  • KayaVice
    KayaVice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    serve up your plate, then put the rest away before you eat.

also drink plenty of water between meals.

get a good healthy breakfast in the mornings with complex carbs and good protein.

snack on nuts between meals, again taking just a serving out, and putting the container away before you eat.

get out of the kitchen and go for a walk.

pre plan your meals and prelog. measure measure measure.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.

Ditto!
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Self control is a large part of dieting
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I can't stop putting the barbell on my back

RAWR!!!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Sounds like this is a new thing? Has something else changed in your life?
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Start drink a lot more water it will fill u up
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Honestly you just have to make the decision to not eat it all!!!
  • beachbriel
    beachbriel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Exercising helps me eat less. I see how frigging hard it is to burn 200 calories. When I see a snack, I think is that worth a 3 mile walk?

I plan my food in advance and then I graze on it all day long. I am a snacker, so I plan for that. I bring just enough of what I need for the day to work, and plenty of it, and then I chow on it without guilt.

Edit: spelling
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary. I have the whole week logged already. I will obviously adjust if things change, but I pretty much stick to it.

ETA; I don't log exercise till I actually do it. I usually don't get my ice cream if I dont exercise.....motivation.
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

You need to change your habits.

Exactly, that's why we all are here.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Take the portion of calories you want. Put the rest of the food away. Bam done.
  • cfamiano
    cfamiano Posts: 5
    Options
    it doesnt help that the dominos pizza ad is on my fitness pal. just try and log and increase ur awareness thtas the first step then make plans to change in steps
  • TommyMom
    TommyMom Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you.