RECIPES ANYONE!!!

Options
Hi there....so i have a friend (you know who you are, lol) who comes up with amazing, tasteful, but very "diet" like yummy meals like turkey burgers and fries, chili, etc. I am curous to see what else someone has been creative with to make delicious meals without the "guilt" of eating unhealthy, lol. please post me your favorite, well used, YUMMMMMMMMMMMY meals here :) they will be well appreciated :)

THANKS!!!!

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Please visit the recipe forum.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    SOUTHWESTERN BEAN SALAD

1 14-15 oz. can each, RINSED and DRAINED:
    white corn, black, garbanzo
    ½ cup minced green pepper
    ½ cup minced green onion
    ½ cup minced cilantro
    1 cup chili lime vinaigrette

Mix well and chill

CHILI LIME VINAIGRETTE

1/2 cup olive oil (can use less)
    ¼ cup lime juice
    ¼ cup minced cilantro
    2 tbl. Vinegar
    3 oz. green chilis (canned, not drained)
    ½ tsp. cumin (I typically use more)
  • ieatcrisco
    Options
    I just made this one the other night and LOVED it! My fiance (who is not dieting) also adored it and asked me to make it again someday. Here's the link:
    Thai-Style Melon and Beef Salad
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/thai_style_melon_beef_salad.html

I know it has nothing to do with my creativity (or lack thereof), but it's soooo good!

One tip I would give it to add the dressing gradually, as it tends to get caught up in the smaller bits of the salad and cause the bottom to be over-dressed after a while.

Cheers!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I get all of mine from cookinglight.com
    or myrecipes.com
  • martapaiz7
    Options
    Featured Recipes From Chef Rashonne Abdul Sabur... Pan Seared Turkey Chops.... Ingredients.....6 turkey chops (approximately 6–8 ounces).. 2 tablespoons olive oil... 1 cup white wine... Procedure....1. Pre-heat sauté pan and coat with olive oil..... 2. Rinse turkey chops...... 3. Season with soul food seasoning mixture. Pat seasoning into meat to seal in flavor...... 4. Place chops into hot pan with olive oil. Sear for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown....... 5. Remove chops from pan. Lay on paper towel to soak up excess oil. ..... 6. Add white wine to remaining juices in pan. Bring sauce to a slight simmer. ..... 7. To serve, place chops on plate. Drizzle sauce over chops.....
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Got this one from Jillian Michaels' site and it is DELICIOUS!! I have to make myself not eat it every day!!

Ham and Apple on Grilled Country Bread

Ingredients

* cooking spray, olive oil-flavored, for the grill pan
    * 2 slice(s) bread, whole-wheat country, crusty, or whole-wheat boule
    * 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard, Dijon
    * 1/4 teaspoon honey
    * 1 1/2 ounce(s) ham, smoked, organic, thinly sliced, such as Black Forest
    * 1/2 ounce(s) cheese, cheddar, reduced-fat, thinly sliced
    * 1/4 apple(s), Granny Smith, cored and thinly sliced
    * freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preparation
    Spray a grill pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Place the bread slices on the grill and grill until grill marks appear on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place the mustard and honey. Stir with a small spoon until well combined.

Place the grilled bread on a work surface and spread the mustard and honey mixture on both slices. On one slice of bread, place the ham, gently folding each slice in thirds to give the sandwich some height. Arrange the cheese slices on top and then the apple slices. Grind some black pepper on the apple. Place the other slice of grilled bread on top. Slice the sandwich in half. Serve.

About This Recipe
    Prep Time: 2 mins
    Cook Time: 5 mins
    Total Time: 7 mins

Contains Wheat/Gluten

Nutrition Facts
    Number of Servings: 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 290.4
    Total Fat: 6.1 g
    Saturated Fat:
    Cholesterol:
    Sodium: 860.8 mg
    Total Carbohydrate: 39.8 g
    Dietary Fiber:
    Protein: 19.4 g
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'm getting very bored with my food and something new will really help !
    Savings to my topics.
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    "I dont smoke,drink, do illegal drugs or have promiscuious sex so what the hell, let me have my diet coke!"

this is a hilarious quote! Love it!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I get all of mine from cookinglight.com
    or myrecipes.com

Ta v much for the links :happy: