Gettin' REALL Tired of Your *kitten*, Scale.

Options
Hi. (Sorry if the title is upsetting to anyone) So I was doing ok, losing a pound or two a week because I exercise a lot and don't eat a lot of food (bad habit). Got on the scale (I absolutely dread getting on it, ever since I was a kid in school when we had to get it announced in front of our classmates in the nurse's office.) and I have gained it all back. Went from 8lbs lost to 0. I don't have a lot of muscle, just a little. :frown:

Replies

• LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump :indifferent: no one will complain with me? Lol oh well. :smile:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My scale has lost it's mind.

Step on it 1st time: gives a high reading
    okay no big deal, just step back off, and leave it at that

Step off scale: screen starts flashing at you :indifferent:
    okay, wth, maybe I should give it a few minutes and see what it says then

Step on scale 2nd time (5mins later): reading is lower than 1st time (by quite a bit I might add)
    okay, i like that number better, seems closer to expected,

Step off scale: screen clears like it should (no weird flashing)
    okay, maybe I'll make sure it wasn't a fluke in 5 mins

Step on scale 3rd time (5mins after 2nd): reading is the same as 2nd time
    sigh of relief

And yes I've replaced the batteries.....it's about to get thrown out though

edit: Oh and it's not just doing it to me either. It's doing it to my husband as well. In truth though, mine is probably just dying.
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have a love hate relationship with my scale too!
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Maybe you need to put the scale away for a couple of weeks and just try to eat healthy and exercise.

Hot weather, certain times of the day, hormonal issues are all reasons to cause us weight fluctuations and if you are weighing daily it will drive you insane.
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    I told my scale the same thing this morning.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    My scale is freaking crazy too. As of right now, I'm 188.3. Yesterday morning, it said I was 184.7. I was like "LOL, flattery will get you nowhere, scale." got back on, it said 192.5. I gave it the finger and just walked away. Fvcker doesn't know *kitten*.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There are a kazillion reasons why your scale is bouncing around so much. If you weigh yourself at different times of the day, it will change, before/after a meal, etc. Also, as your travel through your TOM and your hormones fluctuate, that changes it. Make sure you are drinking enough fluids. This is extremely important. You could be bloated, and they only way to flush it is to drink more water! Make sure you are eating properly too... undereating can sabotage you just as much as overeating can.

As for the scale? Limit the number of times you weigh yourself. Once a week worked well for me. Many people chose once a month. Every day is rather ridiculous IMO, so I would not suggest that.
  • baileyaad
    baileyaad Posts: 19
    Options
    This is why I rarely weigh myself, I'd rather judge weight loss/muscle gain by measurements. Before and after pictures, as well as how my clothes fit, help too.
    F*** the scale.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Water weight around my TOM always moves the scale in the wrong direction and also when I eat a lot of sodium...and I have had it move the scale by upward of 7 or 8 pounds. Don't sweat it. Check back in a few days.
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love the thread title and I can totally relate - I'm actually considering locking my scales in my car boot so I'm not tempted to weigh!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My scale seriously annoyed Me I ended up throwing it out the back door into the driveway and shattered it to bits ! Few weeks later went out and bought a new one and warned it what happened to the last one.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I got angry with my scale about 6 months ago and threw it out the bathroom window. I use the tape measure now and am much happier.
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My scale is off by about 15lbs (lower) than the good scale at the gym. My first weigh in was at the gym, second weigh in I did at home and thought "HOLLY CRAP I lost 15 lbs in a week, till I went back to the gym...lmao

I also notice I can get different readings from the scale depending where I weigh in (one side of the kitchen to the other can vary by a few lbs.)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My scale is freaking crazy too. As of right now, I'm 188.3. Yesterday morning, it said I was 184.7. I was like "LOL, flattery will get you nowhere, scale." got back on, it said 192.5. I gave it the finger and just walked away. Fvcker doesn't know *kitten*.

Laughed so hard at this! :laugh:
  • Siegel15
    Siegel15 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Woa yeah. My scale does the same thing.
    At the moment it's telling me NOTHING is happening, yet the tape measure tells me a different story.
    I dread my scale.

It lies to me all the time.

A few days it showed a steady daily loss. Now, after daily work outs, and sticking to religiously clean and dedicated eating according to my plan, it tells me I've gained 2 pounds outta no where.

According to my plan I should be at least two more pounds off by now.

It's the post menopause illogical no loss syndrom.

I KNOW I am not cheating, and I work out 6 days a week. There is NO WAY this pleatue is weight gain.

So I just keep faith that the weight WILL drop. It HAS to. It's just a matter of physics.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I do not even own a scale
    never have.
  • BrensKimberly
    BrensKimberly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with my scale
    I know I shouldn't weigh as often as I do but I can't seem to not step on it first thing every morning...I think I need an intervention

And I believe my scale is secretly smoking crack while I'm sleeping....one day I'll be down 3 lbs, next morning I'm up 4. I don't know how else to explain these numbers
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I had a few days of bad eating (not too far over calorie limit) and apparently I gained 8pds. It's a stupid liar, and I'll check again tomorrow (I usually weigh once a week). I know my scale will randomize #'s, and that's the downside to moderate-priced scales, even the nice ones, so sometimes I don't trust it.
    Take to measuring and not just weighing, as it tends to tell a better tale of what you're doing, good or bad.