NSV - Micky D's

Options
Jenny_Ren1
Jenny_Ren1 Posts: 65 Member
This may be nothing to a lot of people, but It feels pretty important to me! I agreed to take someone McDonald's tonight, including french fries..... And I drove all the way to their place of employment without eating a single fry!!!! :happy:

I know there are tons of people that will say how disgusting McDonald's is and they would never eat there, and that is great for them, but that was not the case for me. There is a reason I became 87 lbs overweight. But when I drove away, still in my workout clothes and full from my salad at dinner, I felt pretty empowered. Like I may have finally crossed that threshold of poor decisions, low self-esteem and little willpower, into a place where I can actually be happier NOT eating fries!

And I felt this way with the lingering smell of fries in my car. :wink:

Replies

• lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Awesome will power! Congratulations on turning that corner!
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to love their fries... especially with the perfect amount of salt. I think the grease on them would make me ill now. But the smell would probably just about kill me. That's a great NSV and WTG for having the willpower to be strong!
  • tlelizondo
    tlelizondo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go - that is a great NSV!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    *****slow clap***** You avoided a trigger for you. That is a job well done.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean about fast food. It may be horrible for you health wise, but it tastes great. It's also the main reason why I gained 90 lbs.

I no longer eat french fries either for the most part - I can never eat just one or a few, so I will usually choose a salad in their place if I'm out in a restaurant.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congratulations!
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Great NSV !! Nice job resisting the urge to sneak at least one fry!
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I completely understand...I was proud of myself the other day for going through the drive through and getting a Grilled McWrap and NO fries!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Newbie question - what does NSV stand for please?
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It took me a while too...Non-Scale Victory...
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    try working there its even harder to resist food from there while your hungry and making it lol. hopefully getting a new job soon ugh!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    It took me a while too...Non-Scale Victory...

Ahhh, thanks! I would NEVER have got that! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!