Polar F6

Options
Im looking into buying one but i wanted some feed back first from everyone on Mfp that owns one. Are they easy to use? Work great? Battery last? Please if you can provide me with some information from your own personal experience that would be great!!!

Thank you!

Replies

• littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine, I swear by it, I wear it every time I work out, and it has made me so aware of my calories. The battery lasts a long time, I've had mine over a year, and still haven't had to change the battery. You do have to wear a chest strap, but you don't even feel it. It really helps make you fully accountable for your calorie count and lets you know when you need to step it up a bit in your workouts.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I just got a FT7 and love it! Confirmed the calories I already thought I was burning ad gave me a better estimate of those oddball jobs, like walking all over downtown and randomly climbing stairs. Highly recommend one!
  • ambercole
    Options
    I LOVE my F6! I've had it for over 2 years and the battery is still going strong. It is the best one for the money. It has all of the features that you need and they are easy to use.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Love my f6... sometimes it doesnt read my heart rate but when it does that i go rinse it with a little soap and water and its as good as new!!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input!!!! I can't wait to order mine!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    my husband and I both have the Polar F4 and love it!! I can only imagine the F6 would be better!
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    What is an F4 and F6? Never heard of it before and where can I get one. It sounds interesting.

Colette
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Colette my same thoughts, what is it? It sounds like some kind of pedometer that keeps track of how much you exercise?
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    candlegal, the Polar F4, F6 and in general all Polar watches, are special watches that, basically, measures your heart rate and calories burnt while you exercise, which makes exercise much effective because they work based on your data, such as age and weight.

I own a F4 since August and I couldn't be more happy =) they are really easy to use -although I had to download the user manual from their website-, in just 5 minutes I had it ready to be used =) and now I can exercise from my house when I can't go to the gym, and make sure I do a proper routine and burn almost the same calories as I would do at the gym
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I just bought the F7 and it is ok. I had nothing but problems setting it up because it calculates calories based on the V02 and I have no clue what is should be. It caused a lot of stress and if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten the FT7.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my F6. The F6 (I believe) is the "lowest" one (i.e F6, F7,and so on) that has the encryption on the signal from the strap to the watch. This helps if you use it around other people with HRMs, on a treadmill, or in a gym class so that you don't get interference which causes an erroneous readings. I have had mine for a few years (can't remember how long) and I'm just now having to replace the watch battery and was told (by Polar) that the chest strap will last much longer. Right now it's only $12.95 plus shipping to have the battery replaced (you have to send it to one of their service centers -- ONLY drawback).

HRMs in general are wonderful.