Low Carb

Options
So I have been having a hard time with my weight loss, keep going up and down. Doesn't help I'm stressed and work nights. But I have been thinking about doing a Low Carb diet. Any thoughts or advice on trying this out? I've never tried it before but been thinking about Atkins??

Replies

• toddlikesdesign
    Options
    In the past, I've faithfully done both atkins and paleo diets with good weight loss success. What happens with me though (and I know many others) is that once you reach a goal and decide you can eat carbs again, you begin to gain it all back.

Most people on MFP find success by using the guided fitness goal tool (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals) and religiously logging their daily food intake.
  • guby44
    guby44 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No diets work for me. The second I start thinking "diet", my mind rebels, and I feel deprived. I admire people that can stick to these diets. I just strive to eat nutritionally dense carbs like oatmeal and brown rice in appropriate portion sizes. Portion size is a big enough challenge for me :)
  • stesi123
    stesi123 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have a hard time sticking to a diet also. But I want and need to feel better about myself and I hear a lot of people do well with low carb diets. So I wan to give it a try.