Trigger Food "Therapy": Let's Make a Support Group!

Options
I'm thinking of starting a group for people who have massive trigger foods and binge episodes, like me. For me, I have a problem with nut butters that is just out of control! Since I just finished off the last of the peanut butter and tossed the jar in the trash, I figured it was the perfect time to start some Trigger Therapy- or, more accurately, peanut butter rehab!

If you need some motivation and support in getting over trigger foods and binges, post below about your trigger food and whether or not you would like to join a group for getting over it! I've done a lot of research on getting over trigger foods, and my "rehab" course is getting the trigger food out of your life, managing that, and then finding ways to accept it again (but in a healthy way).

The purpose of the group (and this thread) would be to provide some support for those trying to get a trigger food out of their life. It can be hard to ban something from your life, especially if you're addicted to it! For example, in my case, I can stop buying peanut butter for a little while, but what about all those tempting treats that just have peanut butter in them? What about people in your house who want to buy peanut butter themselves? It can get hard to manage by yourself. Also, what do you use instead of peanut butter? If your trigger food is chips, what do you eat that has the same crunch with your sandwich? Hopefully we can find some answers to our questions together!

So go on, post below about your trigger food and story, and if this gets some activity, I'll create a support group!

Replies

• Zenjaeie
    Zenjaeie Posts: 95
    Options
    Any takers? :p
  • Navoteno88
    Navoteno88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have bad binges once I start eating cookies, I just can't have one. I'm like the cookie monster in real life lol. Yeah I am definitely down for this! :D
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    Count me in! I have bad binges once I start eating cookies, I just can't have one. I'm like the cookie monster in real life lol. Yeah I am definitely down for this! :D

Awesome! Once we get a few more people I'll make a group!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes please! My triggers are crunchy finger foods, ie somersaults, cheese crackers, Cheerios. I control most days with carrots and cucumbers, but if I allow my triggers in, I almost always go way overboard. A group would be great.
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    Yes please! My triggers are crunchy finger foods, ie somersaults, cheese crackers, Cheerios. I control most days with carrots and cucumbers, but if I allow my triggers in, I almost always go way overboard. A group would be great.

I have a hard time with those foods too! So easy to just eat from the box. One more member and a group will be created!
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

This is me too. I'm still trying to get back on track from some cookies that derailed me last week.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Triggers are cheese, alcohol and alcohol!!
  • about_time_4_change
    about_time_4_change Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested! I love sweets, especially chocolate. I go crazy with it and support would be awesome to get me through my cravings!!!
  • allie91610
    Options
    I'm in. Crunchy grains are my nemesis
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My trigger food is more of a bad habit. It would be snacking. This would include the crackers, chips, cookies issue. 2 problems for me. 1st is that it's not a controlled portion and I am terrible at stopping myself. 2nd is the crunchy factor. So addicting.
  • Jayiz
    Jayiz Posts: 39
    Options
    Peanut butter and Toast are my triggers... the combination of the two is terrible :P
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    The group has been created!! Go and join if you haven't yet!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15364-trigger-food-therapy