If you hit or dinged someone's car...

Options
2»

Replies

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well, to make you guys feel better I can attest there is definitely karma for people who do this.

Case in point: Several years ago when I was in undergrad, I accidentally backed in to someone's parked car because I was late for class and too worried about finding a parking spot to pay attention to the cars around me. I figured I'd come back and leave a note after class, but the car was gone by then. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, bf and I were leaving our regular bar one night and someone had hit my bumper HARD. White paint all across the width of my bumper and a six inch dent that is actually ripped metal and can't be pulled out. At least as bad as what I likely did to that other car years ago. Of course I was pissed that there was no note, but I also feel that I kind of deserved it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Would you leave a note/wait for the person?

I found a huge dent in my car door yesterday...someone really would have had to nail it. Anyone this has happened to knows how frustrating this is!!! I have dinged someone's car before with a bump of a shopping cart, and I left a note. So where's my car karma???
    Grrr...
    I would and actually yelled at someone and waited in a parking lot next to someone who dinged someone elses car.
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Karma's a b****!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I was at hobby lobby with my 2 year old and newborn. I was getting my newborn out of her car seat when a huge gust of wind blew my door into the door of the car next to me denting it. I wrote her a note with my telephone number and name but while I was putting it on her wipers she came out. We exchanged info and my insurance ended up paying over 600 dollars for the damage. It sucks because my insurance went up just a little bit I think but if someone did that to my car I would want them to be honest.
  • mio_amore
    mio_amore Posts: 29
    Options
    when i was 15 i snuck my sisters old car and went to my cousins quinceanera at this hotel. on my way leaving I dinged the car parked next to me but I drove off because I only had a permitt. I felt bad but Karma served me well because when I got my new car at 16 someone dinged mine out side the mall :/