Best snack ever!

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
So, I am HUNGRY. I don't have many calories left, and am craving salt/sweet...SO

I have smart start (I think thats what its called) popcorn.
I popped some, sprinkled on some salt, pepper, garlic powder and juice of half a lime! SOOOO GOOOD.

And

I decided to make a rootbeer float!

Diet a&W and cool whip free! ahhhhhh! lol

Replies

• flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    popcorn is an amazing snack.... i like it with hotsauce and salt...
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    popcorn is an amazing snack.... i like it with hotsauce and salt...

I didn't even think of hot sauce! I will have to try that tomorrow!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just had some of that popcorn, but I was happy to eat it as is!!! I LOVE POPCORN!!!:heart:
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I like to sprinkle parmeasan cheese on popcorn and that float sounds like the bomb, thanks for the idea!!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    LOVE popcorn! It is the one thing I eat every day! When I get up in the morning I always add the popcorn as my evening snack so that no matter what happens my popcorn is accounted for and something I know I can have. I just finished it now :wink:
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love a 100 calorie bag of popcorn with a package of splenda sprinkled on it...just like kettle corn!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Love popcorn too... as for the cool whip thing, I used to make "ice cream" by keeping the light/fat free cool whip in the freezer and then mixing in one of those little individual mixed fruit cups....YUMMY!!!!
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    I am kind of confused as far as calories though. On my bag, it says something ridiculous, like 15 or 35 for half the bag (can't remember which!). I ate the whole bag lol. But, when I go to record it, it's coming up as like 300 calories!
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love a 100 calorie bag of popcorn with a package of splenda sprinkled on it...just like kettle corn!

THERE IS 100 CALORIE KETTLE CORN TOO=)
  • lissakay
    Options
    These popcorn ideas sound great! and the float.

I like the hot sauce idea...I've done parmesan cheese and spicy seasonings too.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my go-to snack! Sometimes I sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it for some protein, and a nutty, buttery flavor. :)
  • maynard46
    Options
    I am addicted to popcorn. Never get tired of it. I will definately try the toppings.

As for the Diet A &W and cool whip I never heard of it and it sounds wonderful!

Thank you!
  • mocosa74
    Options

Love my popcorn this way...but I like to add a little cinammon as well!!! Yummy!!! :smile:
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    Popcorn is my go-to snack! Sometimes I sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it for some protein, and a nutty, buttery flavor. :)

I was just about to suggest nutritional yeast. It's one of my favorite ways to eat popcorn.
  • nora1958
    Options
    I too love Hot sauce in my popcorn!! cool
  • dmmarie21
    Options

I was just about to suggest nutritional yeast. It's one of my favorite ways to eat popcorn.

I assume that you just get this from the health food store?
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I buy it right in my local grocery store (Publix). I use it a lot on roasted vegetables too, anything that I would put Parmesan cheese on (sometime I do a mix of Parmesan & nutritional yeast).