How many calories does this burn?

Options
I circuit train at the gym, which consists of 60 seconds of working out 80-85 % THT followed by 40 seconds of recovery. The time interval varies and we do the whole thing for 30 minutes, warm-up and cool-down included. Is it safe to assume I burn 180-200 calories during this? I'm 143 pounds and 5'6.5

Replies

• capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about about tracking individual exercises. The list would be endless if this were the case. Just note that moderate intensity exercise (such that you can't hold a conversation) burns about 7-11 calories for every 10 minutes or so.

So if you worked out for 60 mins, you're burnt about 420-660 calories from moderate activity; for your 30 minutes, just half the result.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Oh this is my routine for the day. I mean I am trying to add another half-hour of exercise but right now it's all I've got.
    So I do need to count, dont I?
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    In the MFP database there is an entry fro circuit training. Why not just use that?
  • capriqueen
    Options
    It seems like an overestimate.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I circuit train at the gym, which consists of 60 seconds of working out 80-85 % THT followed by 40 seconds of recovery. The time interval varies and we do the whole thing for 30 minutes, warm-up and cool-down included. Is it safe to assume I burn 180-200 calories during this? I'm 143 pounds and 5'6.5

Approximately 250 calories OP, so if you put down 180-200 I would say you are definitely safe!

Circuit training is a superb calorie burner!

The website below may interest you for approximate calorie burns:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=64