Protein Powder

elgray26
elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
Any suggestions for a good brand of protein powder? I am looking for some that tastes good just mixed with water.

Also, any suggestions on where to get it from? Does anywhere have it on sale?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies

• metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    I tried Optimum Whey at Costco (vanilla) and it tasted creamy, fresh and like a real vanilla. I'm sure it would be amazing in shakes or sweets.

I currently use a cheaper one called Designer whey in chocolate. It's boring and gets the job done - about 18$ for 2 lb at my local grocery.
  • Most protein powders I've tried haven't really tasted that great, but I mostly get the cheap kinds from Wal-Mart and GNC.

I heard there's a few that are "cinnamon roll/bun" flavored that have great reviews.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Gold Standard Whey. Tastes good, doesnt clump.

P.S Designer whey sucks.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    I've tried a couple different flavors of Optimum Nutrition's whey and I hated them. ON isn't known for their taste. By far the best tasting protein powder that I've had mixed with water is Isopure Dutch Chocolate. Nothing else even comes close in taste.

Whatever brand you end up going with, buy your powder here, it's the cheapest you'll find anywhere, for almost all supplements:

http://www.allstarhealth.com/
  • Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is a quality protein, but doesn’t taste the best – probably a good thing as less artificial sweeteners etc.
    My favourite for taste is MTS Whey – Tigerfitness.com
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    optimum nutrition, gold standard, double rich chocolate. Drinking some now.
  • mschipper
    mschipper Posts: 8
    I like Gaspari Myofusion myself, the chocolate flavour is good and even the vanilla is nice. I only drink mine with water too.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    if your in the uk the protein works does some damn good tasting whey.
  • elgray26
    I'm in the U.S and trying to add lean muscle. I want a protein powder to supplement my diet and workouts.
  • Sun Warrior Powders are pretty grand. That's what I used to use.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    The Bodybuilding.com Brand Whey and Casein are both decent
    Muscle Pharm Cookies and Cream is pretty good.
    Optimum Nutrition is good, but the flavors are hit or miss.
    Dynamite Elite 7 - Cookies and cream is good too.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Ultra peptide 2.0 is so good!

I spilled some on the counter and simply scooped it right into the glass.
    Not 1 speck was missed.

Its has 18g per scoop.
    9g essential fatty acids.
    5g creatine.
  • Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    I go with Optimum Nutrition and order it from Amazon. Usually any time I'm buying a cheap little item from Amazon and I need to get my order over $25 for free shipping, it's close enough to time for a protein refill so I add a $30 tub to my order.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    I have only tried one brand at the recommendation of someone on here and I see no reason to try any other brand. I love this stuff with just water! It was BOGO a few weeks ago, don't know about now.

http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/MuscleTech/Phase8/
  • elgray26
    thanks everyone. You have been very helpful! :drinker: :happy: