8 weeks till wedding

Options
So I have 8 weeks till my wedding. I tried my dress on today... that was depressing. =( It zips, but it's tight... I go Wednesday to the bridal store to see what they suggest, get a good body shaper, etc... See what the plan is... That means, I have 8 weeks to get my butt in gear!
So add me as a friend, keep on me, cuz I know I can't do this alone!

Replies

• Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mine is in October - I share your pain :laugh:
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The good news is that if it currently zips, you're SOOO close! All you need to lose is a few inches. Maybe that'll help motivate you. Think of inches you need to lose and not pounds. :flowerforyou: You got this!!!
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    You can do it! We're here for you!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    8 weeks is plenty of time to lose some inches, which is all you really need to do since it zips. Eat cleaner and exercise. I suggest( if you are able) do a high intensity workout like Turbo Fire or Insanity. You will see subtle changes within 2 weeks. And by 8 weeks my guess is the dress will be too big..

Good luck to you
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Start weight lifting now and lower your cal intake and you can lose those lbs and inches fast.

My wedding is in 3 weeks. The dress fits but my boobs stick out (did not shrink there). Gotta go see if they can cover me up a bit more. I will be buying a new dress if they cant.
  • stacyann1001
    stacyann1001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!!! If you fit in the dress already then all you need to do is try a little and I am sure you will fit in the dress perfect AND look stunning :-)

I've lost 16 pounds in 2 months, its absolutely possible!!! All i have been doing is working our 3 times a week and eating healthier - and by healthy believe me I am not starving... just doing cleaner and lower calorie - feel free to add me!!! I am getting married Sept of 2014 - would be nice to have some future Mrs. as friends! LOL
  • dobermomof3
    Options
    You can do it!:blushing:
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The good news is that if it currently zips, you're SOOO close! All you need to lose is a few inches. Maybe that'll help motivate you. Think of inches you need to lose and not pounds. :flowerforyou: You got this!!!

So true! You have 2 good months to lose inches. It is definitely possible. Good luck! I would love to hear an update on this in a couple months.

You should take before pics now in your wedding dress, so you can see your progress better.
  • lashonda28
    lashonda28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm sure u will be ok ifvu get much cleaner and for the next two months do sone type of Hitt activity, like insanity, or even something hitt on the treadmill and do that for 40-60 mins 3xs a week and add in some strength training, I'm d ure u will lose inches because I have with insanity..good luck and congrats..I will be married soon 2 :)
  • beyersar40
    beyersar40 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same place! Tried on my wedding dress this past weekend and it zips but is very tight. I have 90 days until my wedding so feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other!
  • auntyfynn
    auntyfynn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also only got 8 weeks or so to go before my wedding to! I just tried on my dress and can barley move it did zip up but so bummed. so starting today im counting all my calories to t. we can do it we can:) so I got 25 day till next dress fitting and im determined ready let do it!!!