Complacency Help! Motivational pictures? Anything!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some motivation/advice/etc. on how you have pushed past your complacency. I've been at this since February and feel great about where I've come from but know that I still have a little ways to go. I had my first baby on Halloween of last year and the morning I went in to labor I weighed 192 lbs (I'm 5'5''). Before I got pregnant, I weighed 150 which was on the higher side of what I've weighed over the last 5 years. I now weigh 148 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 135 lbs, so I've only got about 13 lbs left to go. I can't really say that I've plateaued over the last month because my eating has been all over the place. My exercise has been relatively consistent, I'm running a 7 mile race in August and run usually 3 times a week and I just joined Crossfit to try to shake up my resistance training.

I guess now that I've just hashed it out in writing, I'm having such a hard time recommitting to eating healthy. Any success stories/advice on how you pushed through? Thanks in advance for any support.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    motivation0400.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    motivation0400.jpg
    Nice!!
  • twinmomja3
    twinmomja3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, first of all congrats on your progress! I am a Mom of twins and was successful with losing all of my pregnancy weight however my weight began to creep back up on me as a result of being a stay at home Mom and having access to food all day. I noticed weight loss results when I cut back on my diet soda and increase my water intake. I drink up to a gallon a day. I also try to eat some fruit and a big glass of water before dinner. It seems to help! Good luck to you on this journey :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Well, you could wake up and be 51 and heavy like I was. This isn't a race, it is relearning how to eat and exercise for a healthier body. I am also 5'5" and was VERY complacent. Oh, how I now hate my procrastination and denial! You can read my profile if you like, it tells my story of change.
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    I think Crossfit will definitely help; I've heard many positive things about it! Best of luck!

Currently, I'm also trying to find some motivation - I'm just not into it right now- new job, I just moved.... I think I'll regain my focus once things settle down.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry as much about eating healthy as just staying within your calorie limits. I eat fairly healthy but I also eat ice cream or other treats several times a week. Make sure you're eating enough for your activity level too - I'm 5'5", do cardio for 30-45 minutes 5 days a week and eat 1700-1800 calories a day and am still losing. At your current weight you may not need to eat quite that much (I'm still about 20 pounds heavier than you are) but probably not too far off of that.

As far as motivation - here's a quote that really motivated me about 6 months ago: "If it's important you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse."

It made me very aware of when I was giving reasons why I was failing or complacent (no time to work out, eating healthy is too expensive, I don't have time to cook / eat healthy, stress at work, etc, etc, etc) and they were all just excuses. I started hammering away at them, one by one, until I was doing what I wanted to do - getting healthy and losing weight. I've lost 25 pounds since the first of February, 48 total since last summer. I ran 5K for the first time last Friday and I'm smaller than I was in high school. Now I'm motivated by how far I can go and how much I can do - I'm in new territory and it's awesome!

Good luck!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I had never seen "The places you will go" LOVE IT!! THANKS!!!
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!