Ladies! Period and weight question

Options
How many days before your period is due that you notice your weight go up? a couple days? a week? two weeks?

Replies

• erikasmith2013
    Options
    I think so me is more the week before and during...so now that i am seeing some progress I will be drinking TONS of water and staying away from Sodium as much as possible to help with that! :)
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I stay away from sodium as much as I can and dive into water. This month I didn't notice a weight gain at all and I even lost 3 pounds. However, I controlled my cravings with a cheat meal earlier in the week (Wednesday) and drank water like a fish afterward so when I weighed in on Monday the following week I saw my total loss.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    1/2 week before, during, 1/2 week after.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    For me, it's the 10 days or so before - I've gone up as much as 7 lbs. When my period arrives, my bloat passes.
  • andthenwhatjen
    andthenwhatjen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why, but I drop a lot of weight (3-5lbs) the week before, maintain the week of, and drop a lot again the week after.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm usually bloated for 1.5 to 2 solid weeks, the week before and the 5 days during. I stay far away from salt and caffeine.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I always 'gain' about 2 lbs. about 2-5 days before which is usually gone by the time my period arrives.
  • hifi898
    hifi898 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm usually bloated for 1.5 to 2 solid weeks, the week before and the 5 days during. I stay far away from salt and caffeine.

^THIS is me. I hate it. No matter my diet, I still get bloated, gain 3lbs overnight and stay this way until it's over.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Just ignore the scale for that week or so. Honestly, it will make you crazy.
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I typically lose 1-3lbs a day or two before. However, the day after it starts I see a gain of aprox. 3lbs. Then I settle out to my pre-weight a few days after it finishes. Stupid bloating. :/

15150352.png
  • Ce87girl
    Ce87girl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So glad to read that I'm not the only one this is driving me crazy
  • mmclachlan10
    Options
    Usually about 3-4 days before for me. I typically gain about 4-5 pounds during but I'm normally back to my preweright a day or 2 after my period is over
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a steady 4-5 pound gain EVERY time TOM arrives and usually stays for 4-5 days....ughhhhhhh :)
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Mines start a 1 week or so before it comes on. I gain about 3-5lbs until a few days after it goes off.
  • Zebusz
    Zebusz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yup, It was driving me crazy too!
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I gain about 5 lbs the week before and it comes back off a few days after. So basically there is just a week and a half out of each month that I don't feel like a bloated mess. Oh and no BC to regulate anything either.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    well, I have a story myself...back in 2001 I had a hysterectomy leaving one ovary.....before after, I got the weight gain of about 5 lbs, OVERNIGHT one day before it started and stayed until I was done"...this continued monthly as long as I still had one working ovary...LOL...I still get this out of the blue, confusing me of course, about once per year....(I am currently 62 years old)... apparently linked to hormones not what you consume...
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the weight but I know my pants get tighter a few days before I get my period - and then I just stay away from the scale until it passes.
  • missinesita
    missinesita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For me is about 4 days prior and post. I retain a lot of water...
  • seryph_alethea
    seryph_alethea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The week before and during. Thankfully my BC helps drastically, I only "gain" about 3-5lbs these days, it used to be up to 9lbs!