Hello - I'm New and the Load Is Just Getting Too Heavy to Pu

Options
Hello, my name is Shannon and tonight is my first time on this sight. What landed me here was a step on the scale earlier today. I discovered I weighed 178 pounds - that's 4 more than I did just a few weeks ago and an all time high for me! It was sobering.

I'm just pretty much fed up with myself and it's time to take this weight issue seriously, so here I am. Tomorrow's meals and exercise goals are planned. My account on myfitnesspal.com is set up. Successfully losing weight is not new to me - keeping it off is.

This is my first time joining a social network and inviting others into my journey of self improvement. I hope to gain insight and inspiration and hopefully give some of the same.

I'm off to check out the website - this is all new to me.......

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Hi Shannon,

You will find plenty of support here xxx

Good luck on your journey xxx
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hope you are getting ready to concur the world on this site. I will tell you with some strong determination and the will to succeed you will go far. I have done well by logging all my food. It helps to do it before you eat it (you will be surprise how many calories are in things) I check,check and recheck the calorie content because they are not always accurate on the site. I am not a big exercise person (very hard to fit it in most days) . I work out abit with my WII (too much fun) I started by calorie level at 1200 but after a few weeks I discovered that it was far to low so I brought it up to 1430 and I lose 1 pound a week almost like clockwork. I hit the wall a couple times and did not lose for the week then the following week it got its MoJo back and off it came. I can tell you that I do budget for a treat ( I love Yoplait delights chocolate raspberry) There is a really good web site hungry girl.com tons of recipes for some yummy food (one of my favs is chicken cordon blu ) I really began to have more energy at about 20 pounds off. It is funny because the body changes slowly but its cool to discover all the new things that you have (or to be more exact the things you don’t have) like one less roll on your tummy or hey I forgot I have dimples in my cheeks :bigsmile: Again you can do it just hang in there an be patient.
    Pam:flowerforyou:
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    Hi Shannon & welcome to MFP..You will love it here & good luck!
  • ShannonRaeinAZ
    Options
    Thanks, Bee
  • ShannonRaeinAZ
    Options
    Thank You!
  • tammy32
    tammy32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon,
    You sound just like I feel!!! I am also new to the site and am looking for some support and helpful tools to stop my body from getting bigger and bigger. I want to feel good not lousy. Good luck on your journey. Hopefully we both will have a successfully start.
  • angeleyes527
    Options
    Welcome, I was in the same boat heard about this site and thought yeah right......but to my surprise I LOVE IT. There is an app you can download to your phone and its so quick to enter everything you eat and exercise you do from the day. The best part of this site is the support you get from many great people. Hang in there you can do it, just put your mind too it :happy:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site and easy to use. The support is great.
  • shamazzing
    Options
    Hi Shannon
    My name is Sharon. I have also just comeon to the website after a neighbour told me about it. I have also reached an all timehigh with my weight and feel quite low about it. This is a total first for me as i have never used a site like this before and sometimes the pressure of a slimming group gets too much. I am just trying to figure out the site myself.... very good luck to you xx