I hate water; anyone else ? ? ? ?

Options
Okay, so I know it's best to drink 8 glasses of the stuff a day, but I seriously hate it. I'm lucky if I manage two glasses, and I have to force myself on that. It literally makes me feel like I'm going to throw up to drink it. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it just as effective to drink flavored water, or crystal lite or something similar? Help , please!

Replies

• dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i also hate water. Cna only tolerate bottled water ice cold once in awhile otherwise it's crystal light. No CL is NOT as good as just water. chemical sweeteners are never the best option but you do what you can. It's better than nothing. Good luck.
  • LeesaD113
    Options
    Do you like it more with some fresh lemon, lime or orange juice squeezed in?
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't say I have the same problem as you, however, sometimes I put in crystal light rasberry lemondade packets in my water bottles and I LOVE THEM. They taste sooo good! Do you drink purified water? I have a problem drinking tap water and when I do drink water it HAS to be really cold! I usually fill a lot of my cup with crushed ice because I like to chew on ice cubes, maybe doing that would help?
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    I personally don't see why you couldn't do flavored water as long as it is the Diet ones with no sweeteners in it there are 2 kinds out there ones that are bad for you sugar wise... But is am no expert on this matter by no means!!! I don't mind water I just don't think to grab it I know its bad but for me its easier just to grab something that is in the fridge then get a glass of water that is why I made myself by bottled water and keep it in our drink fridge!!!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Me too... plain water doesn't do it for me, although I recently got some blueberry green tea that's *amazing*. Now that I think about it, it's weird, because I don't particularly like either blueberries or green tea, but when you add the three "so-so" things together it's something I could drink all day. I'd recommend finding a brand of tea you really like and drinking that--better for you than the sweeteners and probably cheaper too.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about water myself, but I do LOVE seltzer. You can get it in all kinds of flavors and the carbonation makes it seem more like a soda :o)
  • lmbihn
    lmbihn Posts: 18
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with this problem.. Nice to know I am not. I love the flavored waters and they have to be freezing cold for me to drink them. i am also a big fan of the crystal light powders, and the h20 waters cherry is my favorite Good Luck and you can do it. I went from drinking no water a day, I was only drinking soda ,to drinking 8 cups or more of water a day... So just try all the different stuff to put in the water
  • amwj313
    amwj313 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it. Now I can stand it, but here are some tips that helped me. Try mixing in 2-3 oz of juice, (cranberry is a strong one) low calorie vitamin water, or try lemon juice, something to give it some flavor. Load up on ice, as the colder it is the easier it is to drink. I find that by using a small cup it's easier to mentally handle drinking all of it. Rather than using a big 20 oz cup. It gets warm before I get to the end of it. So, try a smaller cup.

You can also make a batch of iced tea. I use 6-8 green tea bags and 2 tablespoons of honey to make a strong green tea that I keep in the fridge and I use that to top off my ice water and give it some flavor. Plus green tea may have some weight loss properties, and it's full of antioxidants.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love water, but definitely the lemon trick, it's awesome. A little bit of artificial sweetener in there, got lemonade.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal lite and Krogers decaf diet tea. Yes its okay to use those. I drink from a large cup that holds about 16 ounces. I get through it faster that way. Small glasses seem like way to much for me. Its a mind thing.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    ME!! I hate, hate water. I drink the nestle flavoured water but since have fallen in love with Nestea Iced Tea singles...only 5 calories and soooo yummy. I missed iced tea and now I am happy. I figure I have given up a lot of other stuff that this one thing is ok.
  • cathyalmand
    Options
    is tea basically the same thing as water? i cant stand water unless i have just gotten done with running...even then its not much....but i can drink unsweet peach tea all day every day!!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I like water, but only CERTAIN water. I do not like tap water at all. I can taste the chlorine in it. Certain name brand drinking waters don't taste very good to me either. But other waters I like. As a matter of fact, this weekend I bought two different gallons of water to take with me camping. As it turns out, I could not stand either brand. Could not drink it. Had to go out to the nearest store (4 miles away) and try two more brands.

What I am trying to say is buy small bottles of different brands of water. You may stumble onto some you like better than others.
  • DiveGal
    DiveGal Posts: 11
    Options
    I know you don't think so, but eventually you CAN get used to it. I HATED it and now I can't drink enough. They probably wish I would stop here at work because some days I'm running to the bathroom every hour! But I have to get it in early in the day so I'm not up all night too!

Tea and flavored waters are not a substitute for water (sorry - hate to be the bearer of bad news). BUT, I was told the reason for that is because of caffeine and the added sugars. So I often drink Crystal Light which is also low sodium, but all that flavor makes me want more water. I make sure when I drink tea it is decaffenated (sp?) green tea.

In the scheme of things, if we aren't drinking lots of coffee, tea, pop, or flavored drinks loaded with sugar - then I think we are all doing just fine!

Bottoms up!
  • starheart24
    Options
    I hate plain water!!! I can't stand drinking it! I hate tap water and even if i purify it I hate it! I get bottled water and put crystal light packets in them to be able to drink water.
  • KrisRain
    Options
    I just cant do the plain water...I squeeze lime juice (raw) or Lemon...Sometimes for a change orange or key limes.. I also use lots of ice ...Its really refreshing.(YOu could add pineapple ,or star fruit these are yummy and add TONS of flavor too! :)
  • bowofcupid
    Options
    I know you don't think so, but eventually you CAN get used to it. I HATED it and now I can't drink enough.

I couldn't agree more. I hated water with a passion, but I taught myself how to stand it by forcing myself to drink it. I still don't particularly like tap water, but I'll drink, or mix half with a diet drink.
  • louramaille
    Options
    I am with you on the water hatred. i cant even get thru a glass a day. maybe a glass a week...when i REALLY push myself.
    Cant do crystal light, or diet drinks with the artificial sweetners, they have aspertame ( totally wrong spelling i am sure ) in them and i am allergic to it ( VIOLENTLY ). half a glass of crystal light and i am throwing up for HOURS. So no diet drinks for me.
    I can stand some teas, but those get old FAST and they have to be ICE cold or i end up taking two sips and dont touch them again.
    I have tried all different types of water to and most bottled water gives me heartburn, and i drink half a glass of any kind and i feel all bloated and sloshy.

I had some water at a Burk Williams Spa once and it was heavenly, could drink it for EVER... but i dont know how it was made to be so good.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I love tap water, hate bottled water! I have no idea why, but I can't drink bottled water at all!

Some fun things to try - cut up some lemon or lime and put it in an ice cube tray with water. As the ice melts, the flavor will release. You can use anything, frozen cherries, raspberries, mint, etc.

L.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I dont like tap water unless it has some sugar free or no added sugar dilute juice into it (cordial such as mi wadi, robinsons etc not sure about american names, high juice?)

I like bottled water weirdly enough, or filtered water with ice especially with lemon and lime.