Healthy snack ideas!

Options
I'm a big snacker, I can't make it from one meal to the next without snacking on something in between! I've been having a lot of bags of popcorn (60-70kcals a pack) and Alpen Light bars (70 kcals a bar) recently and although they're low calorie, am thinking I should be going for something a little healthier! I just get very bored with fruit!

What are your fav low calorie snacks?

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, those dry crunchy ones. You can get them at different flavors as well, vanilla, strawberry, etc... or just traditional rice, which tastes pretty boring tho. But you can put some berries or a slice of fruit on it for taste. That's what I've been doing. Tasty and has like no calories. ^^
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I love snacking - Here are my top choices

*I go for small potions of nuts, seeds and dried fruit (but stay small for calories) - In fact Whitworths do great fruit/nut snack packs and supermarkets often have offers.
    *Make sugar free jelly and add berries/other fruit.
    *Go ahead do a great selection of reasonably low calorie snack bars
    *Rice cakes topped with nut butter and some fruit (PB and strawberries are delish!)
    *If you want a really filling snack go for low fat greek yoghurt, around 20g granola and some berries.
    *I throw together 'Healthy PB/Oat Cookies' - If you use PB2 and make small cookies you can reduce these to 50 calories a cookie and here's the recipe.

Raw, no bake cookies (makes 10 or 8 if you fancy them larger)

80g oats
    50g prunes
    25g raisins
    1 tsp cocoa
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp honey/Agrave necter

Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz. If the mixture seems too dry, add more honey.

Roll into 10 balls, then press down with the palms of your hands and eat right away or refrigerate and eat within 3 days.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    An apple or a handful of cherries are some of my favorite snacks.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    *rice cakes (plain ones, whole grains or brown rice) topped with whatever you like (cheese, PB&J)
    *hummus, yogurt dip, guac, with vegetable dippers
    *cheese (cubes or slices, moz sticks).
    *sandwich - whole wheat bread with PB, cheese, hummus, sliced chicken etc
    *fruit, with or without yogurt
    *yogurt
    *natural nuts but be careful because they are addictive! and calories add up
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :tongue: fat free sour cream and onion pringles only 70 cal's in 15! So yummy!
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    small bag of Goldfish crackers
    2 string cheese
    celery & baby carrots with Boathouse Greek Yogurt Ranch dressing
    fruit
    pistachios or almonds
    gummy fruit snack in a small individual bag
    dry roasted edamame (1 oz is 130 calories & 14 grams of protein!)

**SKINNY COW CHOCOLATE CHERRY CONE!!!! -- This is my nightly snack, if I'm not at the hospital. They are DELiCIOUS!!!
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My Dad always said 'little pickers leads to bigger knickers' However as long as they are healthy good choices then I definitely will have a snack inbetween every meal. I have also set up my diary so i can log Breakfast, snack 1, lunch, snack 2, dinner, snack 3. I have some cous cous, nuts, fruit, yoghurt, carrot sticks and homous etc... I aim for them to be under 150cals if I can :-)