Nearly there

Options
On Friday, I expect to have either reached my target weight, or at least, be within a pound of achieving it. I don't want or need to lose any more than that.
So, my plan is to increase my daily allowance from 1200 to 2000..I still lead a pretty active life so I'm reckoning that 2000 is about my 'normal' daily calorie useage..and still log on here every day to ensure I'm in control of things! Having lost the weight, I have NO INTENTION of letting it creep back on again.
Has anyone else reached this situation and, if so, are you handling things in a similar way?

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    David, I'm at the same point that you are and trying to decide on my maintenance number. I figured I'd add 100-200 calories for awhile and see what that does for me. If I gain or lose it will determine my next step. I've lost and regained one time too many and am definitely committed this time to keeping things under control. Good luck to you, too! And well done on the weight loss.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Probably don't want to just add 800 calories a day all at once. You probably want to work your way up or you will definitely have rebound weight gain.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Add 100 calories, and sit there for 2 weeks, and monitor your weight. You can expect to see some increase in weight due to increases in water retention from extra carbs, and from simple extra food weight. Keeping this in mind, continue to increase your intake by about 100 calories every 2-3 weeks until you find the sweet spot where your weight stabilizes. Slow and steady increases will, in theory, allow you to find a nice, high maintenance intake level, provided you maintain your current level of activity.
  • David1406
    David1406 Posts: 63
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the really helpful comments. I will certainly just increase intake my 100/200 cals per day and see what happens. Then move on from there.
    Having got into the discipline of daily reporting on MFP, I aim to carry on indefinitely. It's become part of my daily routine now.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making your goal! That's fantastic!
  • David1406
    David1406 Posts: 63
    Options
    Thank you so much. I'm really delighted and feel so much better for it. It's been a bit costly re-equipping the wardrobe, but worth every penny! My lovely wife, who treated me to new jeans and shorts, is saying that I'd better not put any of it back on again! I won't...that's a promise!
  • nicoledfinn
    nicoledfinn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well done :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!