HIP HOP ABS

Options
Has anyone tried out these videos by Shaun T, I need an honest opinion about them. Of course, when a company is trying to sell their product they have stories of people that have positive results, but I want to know if any of my fellow myfitnesspal friends have tried them and can give me some insight regarding them.

I look forward to any and all inquires - good, bad, and indifferent - as long as it's honest.

Thanks,

Carla Harris

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I recently got them and I've done them twice. I just can't get over how many times Shaun T says "hip hop abs" during the videos. He says it so much it's laughable!

I prefer Jillian Michaels personally as I've been working out at home alot more and I like her circuits.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried hip hop abs but I did just receive my order of Body Rock by Shaun T in the mail yesterday so I can let you know what I think when I have finished a week of it :)

I do a lot of zumba so I gotta say the dance form of exercise is fun no matter what, zumba is also making me consider taking dance classes to get even better at it haha.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I think he's funny and makes me laugh, but I don't really break a sweat. I count it as low impact aerobics. You can find a couple of his workouts on YouTube if you want to try it out before making a decision.
  • Mjnslce
    Mjnslce Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I recently got them and I've done them twice. I just can't get over how many times Shaun T says "hip hop abs" during the videos. He says it so much it's laughable!

I prefer Jillian Michaels personally as I've been working out at home alot more and I like her circuits.

I feel the same. I have it but choose Jillian first.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the dvd myself however my sister in law did and loved it. She did say that you had to be into dancing and somewhat coordinated to do it. It took her a bit to get the moves down pat. I agree with the above poster, Jillian Michaels has some great DVD's that I would prefer to Hip Hop Abs, his Insanity ab dvd's are very good though!
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I just got hip hop abs and done one of the videos. i wore a heart rate monitor and I calculated that I burned 303 calories in 35 minutes - thats not really enough for my liking and will probably just double up as they are quite east. I worked up a sweat, but i do insanity so i wasnt expecting anything hard from it.

It is fun, Shaun T is very motivating and super cute. Its an good workout but I wouldnt rely solely on it!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I have the older version and I felt like a total idiot during the whole thing! Was fun though...It's just like Zumba was for me: couldn't do it while anyone was watching.
  • NYUbookworm
    Options
    I am in my seventh week of Hip Hop Abs. Only one more to go! That said, I wouldn't recommend getting the Level 2 workouts, they are basically the same moves as the first ones with a bit more jumping, so save the additional $19.95. Just do the 4-week workout program twice if you want to do 8 weeks. They give you this cool chart so you know which workouts to do each day during the 4 or 8 weeks. You workout Monday - Saturday, and rest on Sunday. I have seen results, so I don't feel like I have wasted my time. These workouts are fun and Shaun T will make you laugh. It's great preparation for more intense workouts. My plan for doing Hip Hop Abs is to help me get stronger and prepared for Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Body Revolution. I will start 30 Day Shred on July 29.

The ads say there are no crunches, but there is a crunch-like exercise (C-curve) and other floor exercises (leg lifts, etc.), so be prepared. You don't do them very long, and they are at the end of the workout. I enjoy doing them.

The workouts aren't very long (30 mins. and 45 mins) and the calorie burn isn't huge, BUT your body does get stronger and you will see positive changes and weight loss (I haven't weighed myself in a while, but my clothes are much looser!). I even think my butt has gotten higher. LOL!

Hope this info helps! Feel free to send me a message if you want any additional infomation.
  • lacarla
    lacarla Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks, I truly appreciate your response. I am going to try them and alot of people are talking about Jillian so maybe once I've mastered this for 8 weeks, I might consider doing this. I will keep touch with you for some feedback on the jillian workouts.

Thanks,
  • Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have not but i can say that it is on sale for 19.95 i saw it this morning
  • Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have done jillian and its truly a workout but i loved it i was sore all the time LOL