The Arc Trainer

Options
Hey There

I LOVE the Cybex Arc trainer, for some reason I love it more than the Eliptical. Does anyone actually use the arms on the Arc?..Also do you just do manual workouts or try the weight loss program as well?

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I do like the Arc, but my body very quickly adapts to it, and I'm sure I don't burn as many calories using it as I do walking up and down hills for the same amount of time.
  • sixlets21
    sixlets21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the Arc, my husband actually bought me one, and it sits in my basement. I use the Hill interval and the weight loss programs most of the time, though I find the Weight loss one to be the easiest, so I only do that once a week.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I always use the Arc trainer. I used to just do the Quick Start and change the resistance settings as I went along, but now I prefer to use the Interval program (I think it's P5) on level 5. I usually use the arms when it's on the high resistance, and then put my hands on my hips for low resistance intervals. I find it's more difficult than an elliptical, but less impact on your knees than running on a treadmill.