trying a new one

Options
I am new to this site have previously been using Weight Loss Resources - there is a fee! How do you find using my fitness pal?

Replies

• sturdyphill
    Options
    I've been using for 2 weeks, its a great calorie counter, and exercise log. I've got the app on my android phone and use it to log all my meals and exercise. It's made a huge difference to the ease of me keeping a food diary and making healthy food choices. The people on the forums are really friendly and you'll get loads of healthy encouragement.
  • je123
    je123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to go on MFP every day as it helps me to stay motivated and my friends and I support and encourage each other. I think that sharing you success and problems with others who are trying to achieve the same goal really helps, as you don't feel isolated - its like being a member of a club and everyone is interested in the same thing i.e. getting fit and healthy and losing weight, which is very hard to do on your own. I would definately recommend it, in fact I've encouraged a few people to join since I've joined and they all use it regularly as well.
  • lmwhite3473
    Options
    I love MFP. My journey has not been an easy one but I do not think I would have been as successful without MFP. There is so much support on this site. I used another site for a little while but this site makes it so much easier to log food and exercise.
  • Kate4141
    Options
    I started using MFP about 4 months ago. I started out weighing 164lbs which is the heaviest i have been in quite some time. With the use of MFP i managed to lose 18lbs within 3-4 months. I find it really useful and a great aid for weightloss. I personally find it difficult to exercise so my weightloss has been based on purely diet, calorie control. I hope you all find this tool as useful as i have.

Good Luck

Kate x
  • akaDumbo
    Options
    I love this site everyone is so friendly and logging everything helps to keep you on track everyone is really supportive.
  • janetgardiner
    Options
    I love it. I have it on my iphone so I can log food whenever I eat. My weight was 15.3 stone on the 1st of Feb, I started MFP in April as I wanted the weight to come off. Yesterday my weight was 13.6 stone. Just make sure you have fun doing it.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :bigsmile: I :heart: MFP... joined the web site earlier this year and just recently upgraded to the Droid and have the app now (which I love). Being a free site & free app makes changing my life so much easier. I hope you enjoy and find it as beneficial as I and am sure many others. :bigsmile:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    MFP is fabulous. The fact that it is free is what brought me to the site when searching for a way to get my weight under control. I have been using it since January 4th and have lost 44 pounds. I find MFP easy to use and while it may be tedious when you are first starting out to enter every morsel of food that you eat, once you have been on here a while it becomes obvious that we all have eating patterns and your foods of choice of easily found within your own food tabs. I have found encourage and support and advice here as well that has helped me through my plateaus and binges. I know if you use MFP you will be pleased as well.
  • Dra57
    Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow that is pretty good going! I am feeling quite inspired.
  • Dra57
    Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You have done really well. I think I have got stuck in doldrums, post holiday and later weekend in London - all excuses I know!