Breakfast

Options
:smile: I was wondering what is it you guys do for your breakfasts? I had toast this morning but I usually just have a slim fast (the kind you mix yourself and I use unsweetened almond milk). I just want some good ideas for whenever I want to change it up a little from my normal meal. :smile: Thank you guys.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My two standards -

Eggs (2-3 whole eggs, fried in coconut oil)
    Toast
    Fruit (been on a melon kick lately - can't get enough cantaloupe or honeydew!)
    Black coffee

or

Oatmeal
    1/3 c plain Greek yogurt
    Fresh fruit (berries or peaches usually)
    Walnuts
    Honey
    Cinnamon
    Black coffee

Both are pretty quick to prepare, delicious, and keep me fueled all morning. :smile:
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I make a crustless quiche on Sundays that I eat during the week.

or I'll have some cottage cheese and berries.
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    :) That sounds amazing, I might have to try that out one morning thank you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Same thing almost every day....one egg, a small potato and two slices of bacon with a glass of milk.
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    Wow astonishing loss :o and that sounds really good <3 I can't wait to try all these out ^-^
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person, so I eat a Clif bar and coffee just about every morning. Its quick, easy, fairly balanced, and is like handheld oatmeal.

Sometimes I throw in a cup of greek yogurt as well.
  • Determined82
    Determined82 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I drink SlimFast bottles every morning. In the past I used to have one banana cut up with grapes or an apple with yogurt. SlimFast is more convenient for me since I don't have to prepare anything! LOL
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs, 2 bacon, and a bowl of fruit nearly every morning.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    If I had the time or motivation I love eggs (any variety - over easy, omelet, scrambled, etc.), bacon, toast.

What I usually have is greek yogurt or some light string cheese and a protein/fiber bar.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats and peanut butter. Carbs, protein and fat balanced. I eat most of my calories in the moring so that I have all day to burn them off.
  • melissarae27
    Options
    I have a few go to breakfast meals...

1.) 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and spinach

2.) 2 sunny side up eggs with 3 pieces of bacon

3.) Smoothie with berries, spinach, kale, milk or coconut water, coconut oil, hemp seeds and nut butter (I will take this to work and sip on it all morning)

4.) Diced apples with 1/2 cup greek yogurt and some nuts

5.) Oatmeal with diced apple, add in some pecans and cinnamon
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My usual is peanut butter on toast with seed mix, and piece of fruit.
    Or, Weetabix with almond milk, chopped banana and mixed seeds.

I want to look up some recipes for protein based vegan pancakes for when I have more time, and I really want to get into smoothies/juices.
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    :) Thank you guys <3 These all sound amazing, I'm going to the store today to pick up a few things, thanks for the ideas.