What kind of Protein Powder do you use?

Options
So what kind of protein powder do you use before, during or after your workouts? Do you like it and how do you think it benefits you? How are your results since you have been taking it? Where do you get it and how much is it?
I personally don't care for mine because I don't think I have had positive results from it.

Replies

• K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    What are you using? Ive been using Optimum Nutrition Gold for years. I loved it. I just recently decided to try a Chocolate Peanut Butter flavored one from Body Fortress. I TASTES AWESOME and the ingredient list is on par with ON, but not sure of the differences in levels of filler between the two brands. Ive only used the Body Fortress for a week or so I havent noticed a negative or positive difference from the ON.

Sometimes I drink a shake before workouts it just depends how starving I am. Mostly used to curb hunger. I usually try to drink one after workouts but if I dont and I eat a meal instead I will have one before bed.
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    What are you using? Ive been using Optimum Nutrition Gold for years. I loved it. I just recently decided to try a Chocolate Peanut Butter flavored one from Body Fortress. I TASTES AWESOME and the ingredient list is on par with ON, but not sure of the differences in levels of filler between the two brands. Ive only used the Body Fortress for a week or so I havent noticed a negative or positive difference from the ON.

Sometimes I drink a shake before workouts it just depends how starving I am. Mostly used to curb hunger. I usually try to drink one after workouts but if I dont and I eat a meal instead I will have one before bed.

I LOVED Chocolate PB from Body Fortress!! (15$ at Walmart)

I'm currently using GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein in Chocolate PB (35$ at GNC). I have only been using protein powder for 2 months and I really can't say I see or feel a difference except for a more satisfied appetite. I drink mine within 30 min post workout. What I can say I've felt a difference in (and saw) was with a sample preworkout from GNC. It was amazing.
  • Pace29
    Pace29 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    At night before bed i've been using ON Gold Casein Chocolate. Pretty good taste.

During day or pre morning cardio i mix it up. Currently my favorite is Protizyme (from Metabolic Nutrition) Peanut Butter cookie flavor. omg amazinggggggggg taste. tastes like dessert. little higher in fat then i would like but it is worth the taste of it and def get better workout than if i did cardio fasted. Little on pricey side though

I also use Cellucor peanut butter marshmellow or cinnamon. less expensive.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb's Egg White Protein. The idea of it being egg whites was appealing to me & it tastes great. It's a little pricier than other protein powders I've seen but eh. It's fairly new so I haven't seen many people taking it. Oh, and I just take it when I wake up (:
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use Protein Evolution by Intek. One scoop is about 160 calories with 34g protein! Also it tastes really good and mixes very well in both water and yogurt (which is what I do).
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate. It's pretty good when I mix it with other things. It also keeps me full.
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options

Chocolate Peanut Butter flavored one from Body Fortress <--- This one.
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been doing whey/casein blends lately.

Phase 8 or Syntha 6.

If I'm doing straight whey, I really dig ON's.
  • jareddeich
    Options
    I like the Cellucor Super Sport Performance Isolated Whey Protein in both Milk Chocolate and Vanilla. I keep both on hand and change it up, 1 scoop 130 cals, 30g protein, 3g carbs and 1g sugar. Mixes very well and tastes great.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I switched from body fortress because it was upsetting my stomach to sytrax nectar sweet- whey protein isolate and love it. the chocolate truffle is amazing.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress chocolate. I have upped my protein significantly while eating about 1200 calories, increasing the intensity of exercise and I have been gaining, not much, only four pounds. Crossing my fingers that it's muscle. I know I have gained some muscle because I have leg definition and the start of abs.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    About Time. It tastes great and costs about $40 per 2 lbs (I did the math and out of the 4 or 5 protein powders I was looking at, it was the best price per serving and best price per gram of protein). It's sweetened with Stevia, which I really like.

100% Whey Protein Isolate
    No Artificial Flavorings
    No Growth Hormones
    No Artificial Sweeteners
    Lactose Free
    Gluten Free
    Zero Carb
    Zero Fat
    25 G of Protein Per 1 oz Serving
  • arson714
    arson714 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 or Isopure are my staples. Although you have to take a break from Isopure every now and then, because it starts to taste like straight up garbage.
  • kippo033
    kippo033 Posts: 3
    Options
    GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60. It has fast and slow burning. It is also very low in sugar. It is a bit pricey, but you can see results within a few weeks, so it's well worth the price.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard and I also have Quest bars. I have the exact same amount of lean body mass as 34lbs ago, so I'm happy with it. I'm not sure it's the quality of the powder as much as me hitting my protein macros daily but either way, I'm thrilled to have only lost fat.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I use Rivalus - Promasil - Vanilla Soft Serve Protein Powder. I use this because it is much lower in calories than some of the other powders I have used and it has ZERO carbs!! It is designed for athletes and I will have half a scoop in the morning with a shake and have another half scoop mixed with water after my workout.

It is awesome because it is low calorie and low carb. I prefer to add my carbs with fruit NOT my protien powder. It can be purchased at GNC (General Nutrition Store) and its about 35 dollars for a huge container.
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    I rarely drink protein shakes because my diet puts me at over 250g prot..but for a snack i enjoy muscletech chocolate whey protein,,9g carbs but it tastes like chocolate cake batter. plus at 33bux for 5lbs. its a steal..Ive tried literally everyhig else and this one is the best tasting one by far. It does have creatine in it so when i run out of my supps, i double up on the scoops.