Hydroxycut and water intake

Options
Hello! My name is Allie and I have 30 pounds to go. I log my calories (most days lol) and maintain an active lifestyle. I am a ballroom dancer so I dance twice a week for about 2 hours each. I also take a walk (approx 3mph) with a friend on Tuesdays for about an hour. I have Thyroid issues and an assortment of other health issues so I am hungry A LOT. I overeat during the day because my job is pretty sedentary. I have been trying Green Coffee tablets before every meal and/or Hydroxycut to add to water twice a day before meals.

Basically I would like advice on these supplements. Also, I feel weird counting the 16.9 ounces of water that Hydroxycut is mixed into in my daily intake. Is that weird? Or does it count. I feel like since there is something not so good in the water it doesn't count towards hydration...if that makes sense.

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Taking hydroxycut and drinking water is like putting a humidifer and a dehumifier in the same room and letting them fight it out.
    Hydroxycut does not help you lose real wait. It only flushes water out of your system just as the name implies.

If you are concerned about being sedentary in your office, do what I do. Set up a sit/stand desk arrangement.
    I use a really tall stool so i can alternate between sitting and standing. I mostly stand.
    If you are in Cubicle Land, it is an easy set up to do.
    There are ways to not eat just because you don't move much at work. It is up to you to change your habits. Don't rely on temporary quick fixes. Sustained weight loss requires a sustainable life style change.
    I couldn't lose weight if I continued to spend weekends sitting in my Lazy-Boy watching NetFlix streaming and eating Doritos by the bag.
    Drop the drugs and phony supplements. It is up to you make the changes.
    I'm down 100#'s without a giving a penny to the "weight loss" industry.
  • allie91610
    Options
    I am active. I have a two year old that I chase around too. I am having issues controlling the hunger is the problem. I cannot change my work station because i work in a doctors office and my computer is low. I am almost 6 feet tall so that wouldn't work out.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I am active. I have a two year old that I chase around too. I am having issues controlling the hunger is the problem. I cannot change my work station because i work in a doctors office and my computer is low. I am almost 6 feet tall so that wouldn't work out.
    I'm 6' tall as well. The cubicle walls are 5'6" so my head stick up over the wall. That just makes it harder for people to sneak up on me.

Lower carbs and higher fat in my food keeps the hungries at bay better for me. ( i am not a purist low carber. I break my base metrics when I due long endurance swims) Water is also beneficial. Being a little dehydrated can trigger a hunger response. Hydroxycut dehydrates you. So it may actually be making the situation worse.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Drop the hydroxycut and add lots of fats and protein. Fats and Protein improve satiety. Drinking lots of water and iced tea can be beneficial.
  • allie91610
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    How much are you actually eating in a day? How much water are you drinking? How accurate is your tracking? What types of foods are you eating? Do you eat your exercise calories back?

Drop the diet pills and focus more on your diet. If you aren't eating enough, you will be hungry. If you aren't eating the right things you will be hungry. If you aren't drinking enough water, you will get hungry.