Muscle Milk...Love it? Or bad?

Options
Was just sitting here looking at the label for Muscle Milk Vanilla Creme...and it looks like a good thing to drink/replace a meal with, maybe? However, I was wondering if anyone thinks otherwise? I love the way they taste and for the most part are pretty much filling. Is it okay to have these a few times per week?

Replies

• Megh757
    Megh757 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I really like muscle milk.... Yes I use it for an occasional meal replacement but also for pre or post workout energy.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've yet to find a protein shake I can actually down, including Muscle Milk, because they all just taste terrible to me :( But I've heard great things about Muscle Milk!
  • ralcenius
    ralcenius Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate Muscle Milk light from Costco. I drink one a day in the morning. Can't beat 20g of protein and only 140 calories! I also eat a package of Better Oats - OatFit . Cinnamon Roll - 100 calories.:smile:
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    Yes, i do love it and the Vanilla is my Favorite! The one I have id the 25g protein and 220 calories which is okay for me since I have been having too few calories so I need it, I guess! lol
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I use to drink Muscle Milk until I did some research with Consumer Reports and they showed higher than expected levels of heavy metals (cadmium, etc.) in their products. Since then, I haven't touched it. I switched to Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey instead. I haven't found any red flags on it yet.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Badger milk.

But I settle for chocolate milk.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I've yet to find a protein shake I can actually down, including Muscle Milk, because they all just taste terrible to me :( But I've heard great things about Muscle Milk!

Trutein cinnabun is AMAZING!!!
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I like the EAS shakes better. I find MM chalky.
  • NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like the Muscle Milk in a pinch but my favorite is the GNC Lean 25 powder. I have a concoction I make for breakfast to start my day off that's one scoop vanilla powder, one scoop chocolate powder, ice and plain black coffee. It tastes like Mocha to me and I'm happy to drink it.

Any of these shakes are better than skipping breakfast IMO
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    I've never tried Muscle Milk. The price on the premade shakes made me turn away.
    But, most protein shakes I've tried haven't tasted very good, but you gotta do what you gotta do: Hold your nose and choke it down.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I can't remember for sure, but it seems to me it had a higher sugar count, or there were some weird ingredients listed. I prefer to make my own, but if you are in a pinch, it's better than skipping the meal altogether.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I can't remember for sure, but it seems to me it had a higher sugar count, or there were some weird ingredients listed. I prefer to make my own, but if you are in a pinch, it's better than skipping the meal altogether.

I agree with this! There are many others out there that offer the same amount of protein/cals with a lot less sugar and chemicals!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I looked up a comparison chart on over 100 different varieties of protein drinks, and Muscle Milk came in at almost the bottom on everything except flavor. The basic idea was that it tasted great, but you'd be better off drinking regular chocolate milk because it was healthier.

Save your money and just drink chocolate milk.

One of the top protein brands (and also the most affordable) was Gold Standard Whey. I've been using this brand for several months now, and am pleased with the results I'm seeing.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    Hmm...very insightful, Thanks for the info People!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I looked up a comparison chart on over 100 different varieties of protein drinks, and Muscle Milk came in at almost the bottom on everything except flavor. The basic idea was that it tasted great, but you'd be better off drinking regular chocolate milk because it was healthier.

I'd like to see the comparison chart. Do you remember the site where you found it?
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I dont know if they still do this anymore I messaged them about 2 years ago that I wanted to try the Natural Muscle milk (no artificial sweeteners or flavors) and they sent me a whole tub FREE! It was good but not as good as there regular one.

Hey its better than fast food! :drinker:
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    That is VERY true!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I like it if I'm in a jam, and have no other option. But it's £2.70 and I'm no millionaire!
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The regular Muscle Milk has way too many calories for me, but I've tried the chocolate and peach mango versions of Muscle Milk Light. I know lots of people really like chocolate MML, but I hated it, like one of the worst things I've ever tasted in my life. It tasted like vaguely chocolate industrial sludge to me. On the other hand, I like the peach mango flavor a lot.