chicken breast

Options
angelwings0110
angelwings0110 Posts: 45 Member
I hate cooking. But am doing more as I try to eat halthier. My husband works at night, so I am cooking for one during the week. What is a good yet easy recipe for chicken breast? I took one out this morning to have for dinner and not sure yet how I want to cook it. Thanks for any help I can get. :)

Replies

• Laurenesse
    Laurenesse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi angel. one quick one is season the breast to your liking then throw on the george forman grill. it cooks fast and comes out moist. you can top with some salsa. bon appetit
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having a chicken breast tenderloin tonight.
    Yesterday I baked 7 tenderloins (s&p, garlic powder) and threw them in the fridge when they were done. Tonight, I'm going to cut one up (or shred it), and top it with some salsa and kraft 2% shredded mexican cheese. With that, I'll have 1 piece of Sprouts Multi Grain bread and a glass of chardonnay.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorite chicken breast recipes (sometimes I alter a bit to make them healthier if necessary):

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-honey-mustard-chicken/
    http://www.lifeofmeg.com/2012/05/skinny-greek-yogurt-chicken.html
    http://thehealthjourney.tumblr.com/post/48573504817/peanut-butter-chicken-recipe-photo-not-mine

Or if I'm feeling super simple I just cut the chicken into cubes and pan-fry it for a few minutes with seasonings, then serve with stir-fried veggies, rice, and soy sauce for an Asian-inspired dish :)
  • tsamons
    tsamons Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I cook for one as well. I put 3 or 4 chicken breasts in a crockpot with either seasonings/herbs or add a can of rotel tomatoes for flavoring. It cooks all day while I'm at work and then I shred it up when I get home. I then ziplock into serving sizes and keep in the fridge. I use for lunch in a salad or make a wrap. For dinner I use to make tacos or some sort of caserole. Saves me a lot of time.
  • cnail77
    cnail77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm ALL about quick & easy. I LOVE my baked chicken. You can do it SO many different ways. One of my favs is baked chicken fajitas. This recipe is from http://www.khaosinthekitchen.com/2012/10/oven-baked-chicken-fajitas.html

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 tsp chili powder
    2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1 large green bell pepper, seeded & sliced
    1 large red bell pepper, seeded & sliced
    Tortillas (corn or flour)
    Toppings if desired: cheese/sour cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder & salt. In a greased 9x13 baking dish, place strips of chicken. Drizzle seasoning mix over chicken. Add in vegetables. Stir to evenly coat. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Place chicken & veggies in tortillas with desired toppings. Serve!

Just last night I made pizza stuffed chicken. I usually don't have or follow a particular recipe, just make it up as I go. lol But I cut open the chicken breast & on 1/2 I layered pizza sauce, mushrooms, banana peppers & pepper jack cheese. Folded the other 1/2 over the the 'pizza' toppings & baked in the oven. It was AWESOME!!! :) I've also just done pepper jack cheese in the chicken. I pretty much eat some form of baked chicken for lunch every day & haven't gotten bored with it yet. :) LOVE trying new spices & experimenting with my chicken. :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I hate cooking. But am doing more as I try to eat halthier. My husband works at night, so I am cooking for one during the week. What is a good yet easy recipe for chicken breast? I took one out this morning to have for dinner and not sure yet how I want to cook it. Thanks for any help I can get. :)

Cordon bleu
  • angelwings0110
    angelwings0110 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will use these recipes for sure. :)
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
    8 pieces bacon, coarsely chopped
    8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 clove garlic, minced
    4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with the seasonings of your choice (I use Spicy Seasoning Salt); grill until just done. Keep the chicken warm. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, saut� the mushrooms and garlic in butter, seasoning with salt to taste. Cook until the juices have evaporated. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top each piece of chicken with 1/4 of the mushrooms and bacon, then with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 356 Calories; 20g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
  • nwatrous
    nwatrous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like the Mrs. Dash salt free seasonings. Lemon Pepper or Garlic & Herb are really good. Just sprinkle a little on and throw in a hot pan with a bit of olive oil. Super easy.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Sweet & Sour chicken!
    1tbsp brown sugar (the original recipe called for b.sugar sub, but I hate it)
    1 tbsp vinegar
    1 tbsp lite soy sauce
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    cayenne pepper

Cut chicken into strips, put in a bowl, add everything else, refrigerate for an hour or 2.
    Take chicken and everything else and put it in a wok. Cook over medium heat. When chicken is almost done, add broccoli, carrots, other veggies of choice and cook until everything is done. If there is sauce in the wok (sometimes the veggies absorb it all, if there are lots of veggies), add a little cornstarch to thicken.
    I serve it over brown rice
    Sooo yummy!
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    yummy grilled chicken -
    I can't stand chicken too many nights a week, but one of my GO-TO recipes always is to marinate chicken in sweet baby rays bbq sauce ALL day & just throw on grill or george forman. Always a good go-to.

Also - if you need quick and easy -
    buy a roasted chicken at the grocery store,
    use it for salads, sandwiches, dinner etc
    it will last a while ! & it's sooo good <3

hope this helped!
  • kbear2020
    kbear2020 Posts: 4
    Options
    ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
    8 pieces bacon, coarsely chopped
    8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 clove garlic, minced
    4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with the seasonings of your choice (I use Spicy Seasoning Salt); grill until just done. Keep the chicken warm. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, saut� the mushrooms and garlic in butter, seasoning with salt to taste. Cook until the juices have evaporated. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top each piece of chicken with 1/4 of the mushrooms and bacon, then with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 356 Calories; 20g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
  • JSA17
    JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The easiest chicken breast recipe ever is.....

Put chicken breast on a piece of foil.
    Add salsa.
    Close Foil.
    Bake.
    Eat.
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump for later:smile:
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cpharmon
    cpharmon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions and will use some of them myself! Here's an easy easy dinner. Squirt some honey on the breast and pop in the oven until done. Or you could use terriyaki sauce. Whalah! Dinner!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • swatkins7485
    swatkins7485 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    With our garden in full swing, I like to slice zucchini and summer squash and onion, along with mushrooms and a few pieces of cubed potato and stir fry and throw that on top of chicken breast, grilled or skillet cooked, add a little bbq or any other flavors of sauces, very good!!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    If you're making one small piece for yourself, I like to wrap it in foil with seasonings because there is no clean up and it's usually yummy. The grease won't drip off this way though, so it's better for chicken with the fat already trimmed. You can add salt, pepper, lemon. Or anything really! Best part is you can throw veggies in to steam with it.

Or if you cook it long enough you can shred it right out of the oven and add a little bbq sauce.
  • PatoGro
    PatoGro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Aromatic Chicken (Four Servings)

Each serving:
    365 calories
    96 mg cholesterol

Ingredients:
    2 chicken breasts
    200 g spinach
    130 g ricotta cheese (I used skimmed)
    2 tablespoon 0% fat cheese (spread type)*
    50 g sesame seeds
    500 cc vegetable broth (I usually prepare vegetable soup. I saved some of the resulting broth and added some water)
    30 g fresh mint (I used dried mint)
    lemon juice
    basil, thyme, salt & pepper

* I don't know what to call this in English. I used a local brand (in Argentina). It is a cheese that has a texture similar to cream cheese, but it is totally low-calorie. I think it is a cheese substitute.

Preparation:
    Chop the mint and the spinach. Add the cheese and the lemon juice. Season with basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Open the chicken breasts in the middle and season with salt & pepper. Add the previous mix on top. Then roll the chicken breasts with the mix inside, as tightly as you can. Wrap in tinfoil.

Put the rolls in boiling broth during approx. 15 min (you might want to check before removing from the broth that the chicken is well cooked).

Meanwhile, shortly before you are about to remove the rolls from the boiling broth, toast the sesame seeds on a frying pan previously sprayed with vegetable spray. Remove tinfoil from the rolls and roll them over the seads, on the pan.

Decorate with fresh basil. I had this meal with Brussel sprouts and tomato salad. Yummy.

Bon appetit!