I was comparing my run time last night to others....

Options
ken_hogan
ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
...and I realized I improved my previous best by 1:09!! I couldn't believe it at first since I was running in 90+ degree heat, but I'll take it!!

Replies

• imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    It's amazing what your body can do - you figure "oh, it's hot out, not going to happen" then you realize you still pushed through the heat (and maybe humidity), and you did better than expected!

Good job!
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You get all the credit for running in extreme heat... I haven't done it since temps started reaching the 80's. I simply can't breathe when it's that hot _ very impressed!
  • jbalsavage
    jbalsavage Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is terrific! Just holding to your original time in very hot weather is challenging--beating your time is an even bigger accomplishment. Kudos!
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know the heat really slows me down. Awesome job! :)
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Way to stick to it!!! I prefere running in hot over cold, but that doesn't mean it's easy! :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ...and I realized I improved my previous best by 1:09!! I couldn't believe it at first since I was running in 90+ degree heat, but I'll take it!!

It is even more of an accomplishment with the heat. I tend to slow down a lot in hotter weather.

Props!
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I commend you for running in the heat! Although I think people are nuts that do.
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    good job; that is really amazing; keep it up
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Excellent job, I keep noticing my times are getting faster on my runs too. I think we are just getting more aerodynamic
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Way to go! The heat and humidity are awful where I am. I can't imagine running in it. Drink lots of water and keep up the good work!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are going to be a cheetah when it cools down.
  • brittfj
    brittfj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You are going to be a cheetah when it cools down.

For real! Especially with your improved time in this weather! Great job!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Great news! What a great feeling that is! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!