quick on the go breakfast

Options
ideas?working AND going to school....not much time to cook.DO i have ANY easy breakfast options?Somthing i can pack with me and go?I was thinking instant oatmeal perhaps?Thanks

Replies

• DanniJNoles
    Options
    What I do is get two strawberry eggos and a tbs of peanut butter on both eggos. I like. I even do it for snacks. Or get those precooked turkey sausages and egg whites and create your own mcgriddles.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Make your own breakfast bars, and bring a piece of fruit along as well :]

Another thing I do is make a big batch of whole grain pancakes and then refrigerate them, then I just grab a couple and microwave them for 30 seconds and they taste like they just came off the stove. I eat 'em with honey or lite maple syrup. They're awesome!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Protein shakes are healthy, delicious and quick to make. You can find all types of recipes on the web.
    I use protein powder, almond or rice milk, 1/2 a banana, frozen berries and a teaspoon of 100% pure cocoa which makes it taste like a chocolate shake. To make it extra filling you can freeze the banana which makes it even thicker.
    There are so many variations to try. You can get some really good protein powders at health food stores.They may even have samples so you can try different types and find one you like.
  • ambercole
    Options
    protein smoothies are my go to breakfast on the go. They always keep me full till lunch.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    A cheap little plastic microwave egg poacher is one of the best investments I've ever made. Squirt a little spray butter into each cup (adds a little flavor and makes the poacher easier to clean later!) and follow the directions. Pop the eggs out with a spoon and put them in a container and go. :happy: That with a little shredded cheese and a glass of V8 is my breakfast every morning, although they are also good on English muffins. To speed up the process even more, I crack the eggs into the poacher the night before and stick it in the fridge so I can just pull it out and nuke it in the morning.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I also do the Eggo's and PB - quick and easy and not too much of a mess to eat in the car, I usually add half a banana and call it breakfast!! I love oatmeal, but instant oatmeal is just not the same for me the spongy texture ruins it!!
  • mocosa74
    Options
    If you like Oatmeal, I have a great on the go oatmeal pancake recipe!!! You will have to spend about 30 min before hand to make them...but recipe makes about 12 pancakes, and 1 serving is about 3 (depending on size you make them)...and they are great to pack and go...with a yogurt or fruit .....Here is the recipes..hope you enjoy!!!

1 cup instant oatmeal
    1 lg banana (the riper the fruit, the sweeter the pancake)
    5 eggs or 10 egg whites
    1 c of unsweetened applesauce

Add all ingredients to the blender and puree til completely liquid
    You can then cook on hot griddle til bubbly on one side, then flip
    Word of advice..may not want to eat right away as the pancake may be gooey...will firm up after a while
    Great cold!!! And easy to pack for a fast breakfast
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    those special k protein shakes are really good and few calories!
  • sooperswanc
    sooperswanc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually have yogurt & a piece of whole wheat toast. Toast is easy and if you get the whole wheat, I find it to be much more filling and holds off other cravings until lunch. If there is a banana in the kitchen that is great too.
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Full time college student and I work full time. Quick meals are a must for me. I like the ideas I have read on this thread.

I usually grab a yogurt but it can be tricky in the car. Fruit is my best friend and most is easy to eat in the car but its not that filling. South Beach Protein bars are good. I like the chocolate ones. Cheese cubes or cheese sticks are good for on the go too.

I also invested in a little cooler which I fill with healthy snacks or a light lunch and I keep it in the car. If I have time between class I will eat it if not I eat it before I leave the parking lot and head home. This keeps me from hitting up the fast food on the way home because I am so hungry. This usually consists of yogurt, fruit, crackers, cheese, PB&J or some combo of those things.

If I wont have time in between classes to get to my car I put crackers in my bag and eat during class or right before it starts.

GOOD LUCK!!!