are you FREAKING kidding me???

Options
So yesterday on the news they said they confirmed a case of hepatitis A in a worker at a local mcdonalds. I don't eat there much, and it was during a 3 day period, so I wasn't too worried, but I logged into MFP and double checked my diary. The first 2 days, nothing. The 3rd day? Frickin " Mcdonalds Chicken McGrill" I remember that sandwich and it wasn't even that good!! So I checked my banking info, and sure enough, I bought my husband, brother and myself lunch from the mcdonalds in question that day. So yesterday, we all had to go down and get a vaccine at the emergency clinic they have put on for everyone who ate or drank there.

The ONE time i treat myself to some crap food and i have to get a shot after it. And now my arms hurts. :angry:

That's some grade "A" bullcrap right there!!

Replies

• Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness, Rugbychick!! I am glad you were able to track it down though!! yay for myfinesspal!! Oh, my!! Thank God you caught this!!!

That was scary!!
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Im telling you that would be my luck as well. And you are right the food seems a lot less good since I started to think about what I eat. I hope yor arm feels better.

Debbie
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I think the fitness gods are trying to tell you something. :laugh:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Is that some way of telling you, you shouldn't be eating there, HA!!! I am only joking , though that was no joking matter....everything should be fine since you got the shot...lucky you heard the news though because I rarely watch the news, I would have never known.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    no joking matter..........
    but.........KARMA BABY!! :laugh:

Glad you were able to track down what day you ate there and
    everything is under control:flowerforyou:
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    Thats so good that you caught that. There was a reason you watched the news that day. Hopefully you wont have any more problems.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    So yesterday on the news they said they confirmed a case of hepatitis A in a worker at a local mcdonalds. I don't eat there much, and it was during a 3 day period, so I wasn't too worried, but I logged into MFP and double checked my diary. The first 2 days, nothing. The 3rd day? Frickin " Mcdonalds Chicken McGrill" I remember that sandwich and it wasn't even that good!! So I checked my banking info, and sure enough, I bought my husband, brother and myself lunch from the mcdonalds in question that day. So yesterday, we all had to go down and get a vaccine at the emergency clinic they have put on for everyone who ate or drank there.

The ONE time i treat myself to some crap food and i have to get a shot after it. And now my arms hurts. :angry:

That's some grade "A" bullcrap right there!!

lol...you must be from Lethbridge. I'm in Medicine Hat. I heard that too....so gross!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    That is SO my luck! I'm sorry it happened to you, but I'm glad you found out and could get it taken care of!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I hope that is the last time you ever eat McDonalds! It just is not worth it, obviously. I am sure you will be fine. Take it easy and stay strong.
  • hozenberg
    Options
    OMG!!! Sorry to hear that happened to you. Thank goodness you saw that on the news and were able to get the shots.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Craptastic! That's crazy! Reason 673 why we shouldn't eat at the Golden Arches...
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    Stories like that make me scared to eat out anywhere, not just mcdonalds. At least I know if I cooked it, it wasn't sneezed in!
  • saram21
    Options
    That IS crazy! So glad you and your family are okay!
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hot Day-Um! That's flippin insane. Completely & totally sux luv. I imagine that's the last time you make a run for McDonald's for a long while to come. So sorry hun.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    But my husband made the best of the situation - when the nurse told him he had to walk through the long cattle line they had made, he asked if he could just crawl under the barricade, to which the nurse laughed "No you can't! It's good exercise! " to which my husband then responded "Do I LOOK like I exercise? I eat at Mcdonalds - thats WHY I'm here!!"

I thought the nurse was going to pee herself a little....
  • mariloulav
    Options
    Someone made an experiment with Mc donald food and kept a burger for 12 years. Apparently, It hasn't decomposed after all that time. See the Karen Hanrahan's Burger

A second person made a similar experiment but put the sandwiches in containers so they would trap in moisture. See the results for your self ( The smoking fry) : http://www.metacafe.com/watch/661056/mc_donalds_experiment/

And it doesn't even taste good.... It usually makes my stomach quezzy !!!