45 Days on Myfitnesspal and what I've learned

Options
1. That losing weight in a consistent way is possible even over 40.
2. That weight loss, just like keeping track of finances, isn't magic, IT'S MATH!
3. That I CAN be in control of this.

I would have quit after the first three weeks because my weight went UP(! ), but I kept going because my husband has already lost 30 pounds. After week three, I suddenly dropped those first three pounds, and have now lost a pound a week consistently. I want to continue until I have lost 10 more and then try maintenance. This is the least I have weighed in six years, jeans that haven't fit in two years are loose, and at 5'9" and 164 pounds, I am no longer in the "overweight" category.

Thanks Myfitnesspal for delivering such an easy to use program and website. :bigsmile:

Replies

• A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep going and thoes lose jeans will no long fit then you get to do some fun shopping!!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    good for you for sticking with it!! I give up so easily! I am determined to work this site and see results!! =) gotta love it when those jeans are baggy, now go buy some cute ones!!! =)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Can I be your friend? I'm very discouraged, but proud for you. BTW this is a pic when I lost my weigt and has since put it back on. Thanks. Kath I'm only on Day 2, with a rough start.
  • lesliefm
    lesliefm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sure, I sent you a friend request.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options

2. That weight loss, just like keeping track of finances, isn't magic, IT'S MATH!

:laugh: and physics (bodies in motion continue to stay in motion unless outside forces act upon them)

good luck on your continuing journey
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've been at this since March and I've really started to enjoy the exercise that has become a regular part of my life. Go ahead and add me as a friend, if you want.
  • sooperswanc
    sooperswanc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I very much agree. I've been doing this for 4 weeks. The first week was kinda rocky. We went on vacation, and 3 meals a day on vacation can be far too many calories or not filling at all.

My husband and I started teaching Financial Peace University 1 week later and the similarities in my financial budget & my food budget are remarkable.

1. If I don't plan, I'm bound to go over.
    2. I have to learn how to say no to myself.

Good luck with the rest of your goal & happy budgeting.
  • lidd8
    Options
    Good for you!
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    Good on you for keeping yourself honest- logging on every day definitely helps!! Well done!! :D
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I hit 40 last year and suddenly gained weight. I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Learning the math and the numbers was like a light-bulb going off for me....it suddenly all made sense. I have been following MFP a little over a year and am amazed at how learning the rules makes it kind of easy.

If you want to eat more, you have to exercise and add those calories in---what a great motivator for starting an exercise routine. When you don't follow the math, you gain weight. Period. The choices are all out in front of you. I love it.

Good luck to you on your continued journey!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey there :flowerforyou:

Love this post it's so true :bigsmile: it's all about the maths :heart:

I had a very rocky start couldn't get into it just didn't get it :grumble: mind you I started trying to do this on my own without the suppport of the friends I made in the group :blushing:

I really think that is also the reason I suddenly started to get on the right track :wink: I think having people who have been/are going thru the same thing really helped :bigsmile:

Have sent you a FR :drinker:
  • Ginnyntex
    Options
    Great job, Leslie!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!