Will someone help!!!

Options
I had a bowl full of pears plus pear juice in it. Can this count as a lunch????

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    :noway:

I'm sorry, what??
    You can count whatever you want as lunch... If you're asking whether that is a well balanced lunch, then, no, obviously it's not... but as long as you get your protein and such from other sources today, you're ok...

Feel free to elaborate because I don't think I'm understanding your concern. :huh:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomato and a REAL pear? There's alot of sugar in canned fruit and you will be hungry again in a half hour. Add some protein and fiber to balance and eat fresh whole fruit when you can.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! Hand in your MFP card this minute!

(Only kidding - have what you like for lunch)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomato and a REAL pear? There's alot of sugar in canned fruit and you will be hungry again in a half hour. Add some protein and fiber to balance and eat fresh whole fruit when you can.

Cause the ones in the can are fake pears?
  • Marylisssy
    Marylisssy Posts: 25
    Options
    I just wanted to make sure I'm getting enough calories!!!! The whole can was 200 calories, but yes, I will be getting protein later.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Whatever you choose to eat for each meal constitutes that meal.... I will have a meal of just fruit or just vegetables several times a week. My standard weekday lunch has been a garden salad and an apple for well over a year now. As long as I get the rest of my needs (protien, carbs, vitamins and minerals, etc.) from my other meals this causes no harm.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

no!
    count it as a snack....

then go have lunch.

herpe.jpg
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

no!
    count it as a snack....

then go have lunch.

herpe.jpg

:laugh:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to make sure I'm getting enough calories!!!! The whole can was 200 calories, but yes, I will be getting protein later.

You would have to open your diary for us to determine that... but 200 calories is more like a snack. In my opinion.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Wut?

....and, little arrow next to name, click, choose last option.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I had a coffee coolata from DD for lunch..That better count as lunch, cuz its like 1000 calories

edit: I looked it up, its 850 calories
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I had a coffee coolata from DD for lunch..That better count as lunch, cuz its like 1000 calories

You have DD!!!!!!!!!? Now I remember why I like you <3
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options

You have DD!!!!!!!!!? Now I remember why I like you <3

No man, I have only Cs..