Funny question....will my boobies shrink?

Options
I know it is a silly question. I am looking to lose roughly 30 pounds. I am currently a 36ddd and I weigh 150 pounds. Would really love it if losing weight would bring that down. Anyone have any experience with this?

Replies

• gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Not necessarily. I've seen a lot of posts here and everyone is so different!
    Me, yes, mine shrink. Then my husband gets pissy.
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Boobs are mostly fat, so if you lose fat the odds are yes, but everyone loses fat in different areas first. So you may see that part shrinking last and decide you're happy where you're at, or that may go first.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your genetics. Some people lose quite a bit in the girls when they lose weight, some don't.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I only lost maybe two inches from my bust unfortunately. But I didn't even actually lose a "cup" size, because my band size went down as well. The general trend seems to be if you want to lose them they won't, and if you don't want to lose them they will.
  • KaraAnneMcD
    KaraAnneMcD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a small A when I lost my 65 lbs. But my mother's side is all like that and I knew it was going to happen.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Cup size is relative to band size. I lost 10" off my chest, but remained a D the whole time. My band size went from 44" to 36".

Frankly, I'm happy about it. Makes life a lot easier and I look more proportionate. Haven't had any complaints yet. :tongue:
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    yes! yes they will! I was a DD when I started. shrunk down to a D... no big deal.. then the last 6 months.... I've lost em... they are like a C now =(
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Add weights into your routine. Lots of chest and arm stuff. Boobs are mostly fat so you'll probably notice the biggest loss there first, but adding in the weights to your routine will "put them back" where they belong. LOL!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Depends. Some people do, some people don't lose any at all.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Mine have shrank a bit. =/
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think you are just going to have to wait and see.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mine where the first to go. :(
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different, you may not lose yours but I sure as hell lost mine. Which really sucked since I was only a C to begin with now i'm a small B :sad:
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    Depends how "Dense" they are....how much fat actually makes up the breast.

I have lost and gained and lost up to 60 pounds and I have always been a 38-42 DDD So you can keep them...just don't lose weight super fast or you can lose firmness of the girls! ;)
  • brianalynnx
    brianalynnx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine have gone down a little, but not a lot. Mostly around by bust line. I went from a 40DD to a 36D. However my breasts have always been reasonably large (over a C cup) since I have been in 5th grade, despite not having a lot of extra weight then :( So I can't imagine they would get a whole lot smaller for me.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine certainly did. After 25 pounds my bras weren't touching me in the band or cup. So I had to go shopping. I'm okay with where I am now, but I hope they don't shrink much more.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    For the first fifteen pounds I lost 5 inches off the band and nothing off my bust. I was wearing a 30DDDD! Then, in the last 4 pounds, I've suddenly lost 4 inches off my bust. On the one hand, I miss my girls. On the other, I can buy bras in the store instead of special ordering them!
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have always heard (and it seems to be true) that wherever is the last place the weight went on, is the first place it will drop off, and vice versa. I didn't get bigger than a barely-B until I completely finished growing in height, around 17 or 18. Now I'm a 36D. Last winter, before I got serious about making a change in my weight, I was measured at Victoria's Secret and was told I was a 38DD! Even though they are a bit smaller, they don't appear to me to be much smaller, proportionally speaking anyway.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    probably.
  • irishguns
    irishguns Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine shrank a little (like from DD to D) and I wasn't upset with that. I think they're too big, my fiance disagrees.