Will I gain weight?

Options
I'm 18 years old girl 5'1".....weigh around 133 pounds...will I gain weight eating 1450-1750 calories a day only exercising 2-3 times a week burning only about 500 calories through the 3 days exercise combined?
I'm trying to lose 8 pounds. I have no access to healthy food at the moment besides an occasional banana or some watermelon because I just started college and it's taking up all my money so I've just been eating a few snacks a day and a soda with some water for the past few days, i know it's bad, but I don't usually go over 1900 calories, and am in the 1500-1850 daily range so, will I gain weight?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Running your numbers through a TDEE calculator (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) your TDEE is 1966 with light activity. This is roughly the number of calories your body burns in a day and also the amount you'd need to eat to maintain your current weight. You would need to eat more than this to gain weight.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you are eating mainly processed foods you may gain a bit temporarily due to water weight from the sodium. If you are eating under your TDEE you will not be gaining fat though.

I remember college and it is tough to find the money for good food but they don't have to be expensive. If you are buying your own foods you can get a few bananas for $1, some rice and beans are really cheap if you buy dried beans, frozen veggies (if you have a place to put them) can be super cheap too.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    No you should be fine, it takes more than people think to gain significant weight. If anything you would maintain
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can you cook meals and freeze them anywhere?