Pork ideas

Options
Peachee_6
Peachee_6 Posts: 14
I need some delicious ideas how to use up about 20 lbs of pork in my freezer (not all at once lol) or at least get some directions to a recipe site that y'all may use, for healthier cooking. I mostly have pork roast & pork stew bits. Only food allergies in my household is seafood & apricots. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I need some delicious ideas how to use up about 20 lbs of pork in my freezer (not all at once lol) or at least get some directions to a recipe site that y'all may use, for healthier cooking. I mostly have pork roast & pork stew bits. Only food allergies in my household is seafood & apricots. Thanks in advance :)

Carnitas or grind some of it and make some sausages
  • tincrystal
    tincrystal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey lovely,

Not sure what cuts of pork you have from your message but here are some favourites of mine which you can adapt to bring down the calories...

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3068/spicy-pork-and-aubergine

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1350/roast-pork-with-apples-cider-vinegar-and-rosemary

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes

I currently have pork loins in the fridge marinating in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary and thyme which I will be griddling and serving with Mediterranean veg...

Let us know what you do.

SJ x
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just made this Monday (copied from my recipes, so numbers may not line up properly):

Recipe name: Balsamic Pork Roast
    Number of servings: 6

Ingredients
    Pork - Fresh, loin, whole, cooked, roasted, 18 oz
    Trader Joe's - Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, 8 Tbsp (15mL)
    Kikkoman Soy Sauce - Low Sodium, 1 Tbsp
    Lea & Perrins - the Original Worchestershire Sauce, 1 tsp (5 ml)
    Honey, 1 tbsp
    Garlic - Raw, 3 tsp
    Kirkland (Costco) Chicken Broth - Organic Stock, 1 Cup 240 ml

Total:
    Calories 1,487
    Carbs 46
    Fat 75
    Protein 142
    Fiber 0
    Sodium 1,383

Per Serving:
    Calories 248
    Carbs 8
    Fat 13
    Protein 24
    Fiber 0
    Sodium 231
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I made a delicious pork roast crock pot meal the other day. I added carrots, mixed vegetables, potatoes, and of course, pork roast. I added Stubb's pork marinade (chiles, ginger, and lime) and brown sugar into it. It tasted sooo good! I just ate some now for lunch. It tastes spicy and a hint sweet so the flavors balance each other out. The brown sugar is very necessary to balance the spiciness.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Stir fry!
    Olive oil. Garlic. Thin sliced pork. Ginger root. Low sodium soy sauce.
  • Peachee_6
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas & website!!
    My husband & I got a "pork bundle" at the butchers about two months ago. There's variety but I know we already used the tenderloin. It was the first to be used
  • tincrystal
    tincrystal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Shame, I have a great tenderloin recipe!

Split it in half and open like a book, stuff with cream cheese, crushed garlic, spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Season. Close back over and wrap in Parma ham. Roast for 20mins covered, 10 uncovered (dependent upon the size of the loin of course). Slice and serve. Amazing :)
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Carnitas or Chile Verde.
  • mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Options
    Trim the fat, cut it up and use it as you would any other protein to add to meals. Just because it's a roast doesn't mean you have to treat it as a roast.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    4 to 6 oz pork cooked & diced, 10 oz. zucchini sliced into half chunks, 1 tomato diced chunky,1 1/2 olive oil and a stir fry pan. Your choice of seasoning & 2 Tbsp parmesan or feta.
    Stir fry the zucchini and diced pork in oil with seasoning till evenly browned & warmed at high heat. Then add diced chunky tomato heat for a few just to get tomatoes warm then sprinkle 2tbsp parmesan over top and cover with lid and steam at low heat for 3 minutes..Yum Yum!
    Not sure the nutrition facts on this I just enter the ingredients separately on my diary for totals. Also this is one serving for myself. So you will want to increases as per how many you are serving.:flowerforyou:
  • Peachee_6
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas. They all sound wonderful!! As a busy mother to four kids, still living at home, I love my crockpot lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    You can always do a simple green chili pork in the crock pot. Pu the pork in. Dump in a few cans of rosated green chilis. Pour in one full jar of La Victoria Salsa Verde. Fill with water until the pork is covered. Cook low for the day and shread when you get home. Freeze and use when you want.